Dactivating lift gate warning sound? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dactivating lift gate warning sound?

Britta-S

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Hi there,

I have an issue (?!) with my lift gate sound. Normally it's supposed to make the three tone sound twice while opening and closing and it used to do that.
For about a week now, the sound is not playing anymore during opening it and only playing through the front speakers while closing (music and everything else sound related is normal).
Since I did some valet parking in the last week, I wonder if there is an option for disabling/enabling this? Couldn't find anything in the manual.

It's the hands free lift gate, but it doesn't make a difference if I open it with the remote, the dash button, with a kick or with the button on the lift gate handle, no sound when opening.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Nobody an idea or same/similar issue?

Weird thing: I didn't change anything and now, when closing it, it again also comes out of the rear speakers.

I'll have a look and report back~ i'm also having some issues with the power liftgate registering the hands free kicking motion to get it to open. boo

Thanks!
Luckily, function wise, my lift gate operates as it should. But I know that sound was there at some point opening and closing it. Now it's just during closing (luckily it's coming out of all speakers again).

Back