Decision Time! Sport or Platinum 2016 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Decision Time! Sport or Platinum 2016

ShiloJess

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Thanks to all who have answered my questions and /or gave opinions. The latest I got from one poster gave me food for:) thought about the Sport or Platinum...I can save $5000 by buying the Sport, of course I will give up the Accents from the Platinum....decide over night..will sleep on it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you afford the Platinum? Are there any convenience features that are a must for you? Are you prone to buyer's remorse leading you to buy a platinum anyway in a few years?

Do you want handling and suspension of the Sport or the luxury of the Platinum. Remember even though the Platinum has the EcoBoost engine it doesn't get the Sport suspension or special EPAS,AWD,PTU,and Transmission programming.

And you felt the need to start a new thread because.....?????:scratch:

Thanks for the input, not sure what it does for you, hope it makes you feel better as person? Anyways I didn't know there was a Thread police here, sorry for using a for more 1's and 0's and clogging up the internet. I will be careful in the future HughCares, or should that be WhoCares?
I just happened to find this site, and am new here, thought I could get some very vauable information, which I have, to bad HughCares you didn't offer any, but your negative, pointless, comments.Please forgive my error sir.:notworthy

Don't sweat it Shilo. We are here to welcome and assist you. As Sgt1411 asked if you want the sport suspension and feel of the Sport trim vs. the luxury appointments of the Platinum I would go with the sport. I think most of the luxury can be found in the Limited trim except the special quilted seats, for significantly less. As you already know, the Sport and Platinum are the only trim levels that offer the 3.5 Ecoboost twin Turbo. I am on my 2nd Sport 2014 and now the 2016 and I couldn't be happier with the Sport trim. Ford really nailed the performance and the interior coach work on it. Good luck to you!

have a 15 sport …..looked at the 16 platinum ….would still go with 16 sport - not enough extra luxury (over sport) to buy platinum… and even so you lose the performance stuff noted above (easy choice (for me)

You're definitely in the right forum. Plenty of opinions here, some of them are even to be considered expert. :)

I chose the sport, i love the styling, and wanted the performance and tuning. It has plenty of the lux. features, after adding the 401a package and bucket seats it was perfect for our family.

Do you want handling and suspension of the Sport or the luxury of the Platinum. Remember even though the Platinum has the EcoBoost engine it doesn't get the Sport suspension or special EPAS,AWD,PTU,and Transmission programming.

Ah..i am glad you cleared that up.
for some reason i thought the platinum is the sport just with the extra luxury packages...
If i was in the market for a new explorer id still go with the sport.
currently i have the 2015 xsport and i love it :D

Back