Delivery Times!!!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

delivery times are a mystery..., my ex was built the week of 02/21, yet it was sitting at the dealer's lot ready to be sold on the open market on 03/15/11, that day I snatched it and closed the deal on 03/18/11:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Who said complaints get you nowhere? One day after complaining that we don't know where our Ex is, the dealer calls tonight and says "its here, its prepped, its waiting for you." Yay. My wife is finally happy. Oh man I hope no one backs into it in the dealer back lot....

Pictures tomorrow.

Glad to hear it! Enjoy! :)

Seni

Update to Original Post

I ordered a 2011 Ford Explorer XLT with the 202A rapid spec package two months ago. The vehicle is built, I got a vin, but no vehicle yet. My dealer had led me to believe that the ETA was the week of the 14th along with some other vehicles ordered around the same time. Well, the week of the 14th has come and gone. It seems the dealerships do not have access to the exact whereabouts of your vehicle at any given time, seems ridiculous to me, but it is what it is.

After getting a bit impatient with no new information concerning my vehicle, I searched and searched for a line to contact Ford direct to see where my vehicle was at.

I tell you what, Ford does a good job of hiding that customer service number from the public, I mean it's there, but you have to be looking intensely for it to find it. Once you call the number be patient and after about 13 different selections from the automated system, you finally are led to a live Ford Rep.

Success, I finally made contact, unfortunately this lady wasn't in the "mood" to provide good customer service, but reluctantly she was able to answer my questions.

The dealership had told me that my vehicle was "in transit" and ETA was the week of 14th, and this was about a week before the 14th. So a week after the 14th, I got impatient and made the call to Ford, which they informed me that they have the same information that the dealership has, but would look it up anyways. Well, my vehicle was still in Chicago, not "in transit" and according to the Ford Rep, my vehicle was "awaiting shipping," whatever that means. It had been "awaiting shipping" since the 21st, it's now the 26th and my vehicle is still "awaiting shipping."

I don't know how long it takes to build and ship, but how long could it possible take to ship a vehicle when all it is doing is "awaiting shipping."

I filed a complaint with Ford about the misinformation from the dealership and Ford contacted me the next day very eager to get to the bottom of my complaint. The Ford Rep was very professional this time and very apologetic for the leading on from the dealership. He said my vehicle will be shipped out as soon as they can get it out and annotated expedite on the vehicle's shipping status, so we will see. He said something like Wednesday of next week I should at the very least know if the vehicle is "in transit" to the dealership.

I just wanted to share my buying experience with you guys in case someone else is in the same boat.

After a almost a month of my mystery vehicle in the ominous "awaiting shipment" status, I can report to all of you "hopers" out there, that I am still "awaiting shipment."

Right there with you. Our car was built on 3/15 so on Friday, it will have been sitting in Chicago, "awaiting shipment" for one month. Brutal!

Ordered 12/29
Built 3/10

moved to in transit status yesterday

Well I can take away some of that glimmer. Today is officially 3 months from date of order (Jan 14) so it has now been one fourth of a year since ordering, with no end in site. As of yesterday still Awaiting Shipping. So close to walking on this.

ordered 1/28
Built 3/29
is "in transit"...supposedly going through NY(since Friday)
I'm in CT
ETA 4/14

Delivery time and Sample Order Status

Just as a reference point, I ordered mine late January (Fleet vehicle) you can see the status updates I have it looks like it's about 2.5 months from receipt of order to receipt of vehicle.

Processing History
Action Date
Your vehicle has been shipped via railroad. 4/9/2011
Your vehicle has been built, and is awaiting shipping. 4/7/2011
Your vehicle order has been received at the manufacturer plant, and is awaiting assembly. 4/4/2011
Your vehicle order has been submitted for scheduling at the manufacturer plant. 3/18/2011
Your vehicle order has been received by the manufacturer. 2/7/2011

If you don't hear from me near 4-18 (seems like a long time for a car to ride a train from Chicago to Pittsburgh) which is the estimated delivery date, then you know I'm driving around happy. :)

UPDATE - The X was delivered to the dealer yesterday (4-22) and they are cleaning it for my pickup today. So roughly 23 days from shipment by rail to pickup.

Ordered 02/19
Built 03/23
As of 04/08 still waiting to ship.
Just got a PM from Lady Seni.
"Ex just got to dealer. Give them a day or two to call."

I'm happier than a pig in ****.

Thanks Seni

ordered 1/28
Built 3/29
is "in transit"(since 4/6)...supposedly going through NY(since Friday)
I'm in CT
ETA 4/14

Well the explorer has finally gotten to the dealers..yaaa hoooo!

Actual build time

I called Ford to inquire how long for build...............get this......... 2 days!

Same boat...

Hello all, found this thread when attempting to find out the status of my new Explorer. I can tell you all I am in the same boat. Ordered 3/7, built 3/28...currently awaiting shipping. Doesn't sound like it will be in Virginia any time soon from what I am reading here. Very frustrating to say the least.

Ordered 2-9
Nothing
Checking weekly
Nothing
Still checking
Nope
Can I get a VIN?
Nada
Can I get any info?
Zilch

Switched dealers and re-ordered on 4-17
Vin delivered 4-19
Given build date of 5-2

(first dealer still has nothing, btw, the largest dealer in the country)

I'm sure it'll be well into June for actual delivery.

Good times.

Shipping schedule?

Wow, LoganFilm, that is unreal. Sounds like you did the right thing by switching dealerships. The biggest Ford dealer may have just gotten to big for its britches.

BTW...does anyone happen to know what the general shipping schedule is Ford? Do shipments go out everyday? Weekends? Seni, would you happen to know?

Either that huge dealership wasn't forthcoming about allotment, or they sold that car out from under me to someone paying full retail. I was made to feel second rate with my Xplan pricing from the get go.

New dealer has shown me everything, including DORA and contacts me regularly with updates. I like them a lot.

Dealers need to figure this out. Customers kept waiting in the dark get agitated and upset. In the information world we live in, we're going to question dishonest treatment and find out truth with mouse clicks.

delivery/production time

Can someone please help me? I ordered my new explorer on feb 25, they said it was ordered thru ford on march 1 with order number 0039. I just got off the phone with the dealer (in NJ) and i still have nothing, not even a vin number. When we ordered the car we were told 5-7 weeks, and to find out basically nothing has been done if very fustrating. Ordered a Limited in white platinum with the bucket seats as the second row and 301A. The delaer told me that some vehicles were getting pulled this week and hopefully i will have a vin on monday. Can anybody shead any more light on this? Then once i get a vin how long until i finally get the car?

Thanks!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think your dealer is out of allocation and isn't telling you this. I think you should do what I did and go to another dealer today. Ask them to place the same exact order and then see if you get a VIN number within a couple of days. If you do, like I did, then the first dealer isn't being completely honest with you. That's my take on it.

I waited longer than you did to rectify it, but it's all too long to wait. You can see that people are getting VIN numbers within days of ordering and then their holdup seems to be mostly in transit. I can live with that, but not even getting the order in line to be built is seriously frustrating.

Go see another dealer. Ask to see the DORA immediately. This will assure you that the order has actually been placed.

My first dealer never even produced that for me. The second one did without hesitation. Who would you rather give your money to?

Back