Dirty Jersey Off-Road | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dirty Jersey Off-Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I'm taking an extended offroad break

Not in your area at all so this is a thread hyjack but im with ya man. Its hard on these things if you drive it every day. I feel your pain.

Except it takes me 75 miles to work one way. I ususaly drive 300+ miles a week

Please continue your normal thread talk.

{Hyjack Over}

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow Jon, that's brutal. I wouldn't be able to afford gas commuting that much. As it is, I'm gonna get a motorcycle in the spring to help save on fuel. 150 miles a day? That is NUTS. But yea, I'm down to around $300-$400 in the bank because of the recent truck expenses and other bills. Paying next months rent will be a bit of a squeeze. The last thing I need is a busted CV or something worse on the trails...

Well seeing as how everybody else is telling all.........

Exhaust still hasn't been 100% since the last run. Trans was thumping hard. A wonderful vibe and grinding developed at speeds above 40mph. Driver's side hub started to go.

TRYING DESPERATELY to move out of my parents house to somewhere a bit closer to work.

So in came the new truck. (Amanda - I see you apologized but how dare ye call my truck less of an O/R vehicle. :p: 32" tires and the ability to get up to 10" of lift AND a V8 to pull you all out of the biggest holes - c'mon. :D)

-Andy

haha...i agree andy..u know i was actually lookin at a full size 2 door blazer with a 350..700r4 trans np208 t/c..dana 60 locked rear,dana 44 front locked..with 2in lift with 33x12.50x15..there awesome trucks..i had one before,.if i can find pics ill post them

andy i never said it was less of a truck.. all i said was non wheelers indicating that you didnt wanna take the new truck offroad... i fully understand the potential of the f series i actually like them very much, however u stated clearly that u dont plan on wheeling it... thats all.... and i understand the whole daily driver toughness, mine is too.. and mine falls apart more and more evry day... however i think ( and this is not aimed at anyone in particular so please do not misunderstnad) if ppl took it much easier on the trails not so uch would break on them,.... the term "tread lightly" has multiple reasons... and all should know what these trucks are truly safely capable of before hand.... these are not rock crawlers (unlesss built to spec), they are not mud boggers (again unless built to spec) and they are not fish (unless an excellent snorkel has neen added) so you cant just drive them thru the ocean... they simply are TRAILS trucks... and if it were kept that way there would be very minimal damage provided the driver knows how to drive properly off road... and again im not aiming this at anyone special i see it all the time... we just pulled a ouple kids outta the ud the pther day one of whom had an exsploder and he debeaded the tire with improper driving.. if he had hit the rut correctly he would not have had that problem... so i duno but imo the whole my trucks gonna break thing is a little overrated... and im sorry if this offends anyone, that was surely not my intensions =/

hey fellas! Im probably the newest member of D.J.O-R and i was told to check out this section of the forums. So im poppin in to say hey and see what the scop was on how everything works.

ok just making sure i wasnt misunderstood andy... =P

Where is Rausch Creek? Im interesested but ive gotta see what id be gettin into first....

Hey Everybody,
I'll be in Pine Barrens this Saturday (11/1) with a couple of my Wrangler buddies. Anybody is welcome to join us. 11am Atsion Ranger Station.

Hey Everybody,
I'll be in Pine Barrens this Saturday (11/1) with a couple of my Wrangler buddies. Anybody is welcome to join us. 11am Atsion Ranger Station.

I love to but i think id get hell from everyone because i just bounced off a tree in the woods yesterday. So instead of wheelin i outta be lookin for parts :(

sorry i havent been on guys,just moved into my new house,and i may be gettin my old explorer back ;-)

[*] AND FOR THE LAST TIME YOU HAVE THREE MONTHS NOW TO FIND A NEW WAY TO PAY FOR THE DOMAIN. DECEMBER 31, 2008 AT 11:59 P.M. IS YOUR LAST CHANCE. THIS IS THE LAST TIME I'M GOING TO REPEAT MYSELF. :mad:

Site's dead. Brenden still has some stickers though.

Yea it's a bit early but, I DID WARN YOU.

-Andy

I noticed it last night. It would appear as though our club is officially dead. It's been real, folks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back