Door auto-lock feature (@~15mph) 2012-2015 Police Interceptor Utility | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Door auto-lock feature (@~15mph) 2012-2015 Police Interceptor Utility

gitme

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford P.I. Utility
Does anyone here driving a Police Interceptor Utility have the automatic door lock @ 15mph feature activated?

If so, do you know how it was activated, as the my Utility does not have the option to activate / deactivate the feature through the cluster with the left steering wheel selector.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anyone ever hear of a PIU having this? I'm interested in it as well!

Does anyone here driving a Police Interceptor Utility have the automatic door lock @ 15mph feature activated?

If so, do you know how it was activated, as the my Utility does not have the option to activate / deactivate the feature through the cluster with the left steering wheel selector.
Perhaps the members familiar with Forscan might be able to help to find out if it is a selectable setting in one of the control modules.

Peter

This feature does not work properly when enabled on 13/14s. I suspect 15 would be the same. Not sure on 16/17s as I haven't done it to those.

The issue likely resides in the firmware rather than something that can just be programmed.

Mine has auto unlock but not auto lock.
What's the benefit of auto unlock? Just for rear passengers? On mine even if the driver door is locked, pulling the interior handle will unlock and open the door in one motion.

Once I shut the truck off, if the doors are locked and I open my door, all the doors unlock.

This feature does not work properly when enabled on 13/14s. I suspect 15 would be the same. Not sure on 16/17s as I haven't done it to those.

The issue likely resides in the firmware rather than something that can just be programmed.

I have a 13 PIU poked around in Forscan and well as IDS. I can't get it to work. When I attempt to program autolock it just fails so seems like a no-go. Even updated the firmware to latest via IDS.

Back