Dr. Jack | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dr. Jack

:usa: Hopefully I am starting this thread in the proper place. I am following the ideas of other members to keep a log so to speak of the 92 Explorer now know as Dr. Jack.
It all started a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, oops,wrong story.
A while back in the spring/summer time frame of 2009. I was asked by an EF member if I ever do any 4wheeling, I told him I had done a bit in Death Valley but not much, this is when he intoduced me to the EF family. We made plans for me to join him as a rider in the CCR09 at Ouray. We did a pre-run in Moab where I meet Bronco2guy, Amy, and Chad551. Then on to Ouray where I meet a lot of fine peeps in the EF family. I had such a blast that I decided to start a project, I have always liked off roading but all the groups I meet seemed to have a "better than thou" idea.
Giving myself two years for the project, I started keeping an eye on the forum and looking around for ideas, then the 92 Explorer of Dr. John "Jack" Lobdell popped up on Craig's list in New Mexico, by following the forum I became aware of the sale, and by contact with other members I came to learn that this was a special vehicle from a special member. Lady Luck smiled on me, as I was able to use my brother's trailer to go pick up the vehicle. Robert rode with me and am I glad he did, his help was great. Got the rig back home and am now beginning to go over it, will keep upates as I go

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Redid the vise on the rig, put a smaller one on, the other one was just to large to rotate more than maybe 40 to 50*. This one will rotate around 120* and it is all that is needed on the trail.

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

Real nice. Does it get much of a work out off road?

Real nice. Does it get much of a work out off road?

LOL, yet to be known!! Haven't had the Jack on a run since I've put one on there!

Hahaha Next time the pony express throw's a shoe you'll be all set!

I'd have to call you nuts if you fixed the heater to use it in those temps :p:

I'm nuts all right Glen, just happened, and was WTF? Now? Ah what the heck, it's fixed.

Hahaha classic mate! At least she's ready for next winter.

Great pic's mate! Who's buried under those rock's or can't you tell us?:D:D

Just got a line on a D44 at one heck of a price, looks like I will be doing a SAS afterall. :D (plus a line on some 36's MT's, just waiting to see what the price will be)

Looking forward to seeing this mate, sound's bloody awesome.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

With 36er's Jack will become Monster Jack:D:thumbsup:

That is awesome Mike! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing this mate, sound's bloody awesome.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

With 36er's Jack will become Monster Jack:D:thumbsup:

That is awesome Mike! :thumbsup:

Thanks folks, it is down the road, just when the D44 practailly(sp) fell in my lap, had to make the choice, so hell yea!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Back