DRL??? Can they be turned off? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DRL??? Can they be turned off?

The dealer turned off the running lights and having the interior lights turn on when the door is opened when the light knob is in the far left position. The puddle lights are also off in this configuration.

Hey everyone. Useful thread. I'm doing an overnight security job and my 'always on whenever the engine is on' Canadian LEDs are a total buzz kill! Has anyone tried wiring a switch? Are they powered by a simple pair of 12v power and ground wires? I guess my other options would be to tape, vinyl, tint or Plasti Dip them possibly?
Are you referring to the Signature lights? The DRL are on the low beam headlights so I don't think you'd want to cover them up.

Peter

Are you referring to the Signature lights? The DRL are on the low beam headlights so I don't think you'd want to cover them up.

Peter

I don't know what they're called. I'm talking about what this thread is talking about, I hope. The thin LED strips that light up whenever the engine is on. I obviously wouldn't want to paint over my entire headlights! I want these silly things OFF when I'm parked with the lights off and engine running.

I don't know what they're called. I'm talking about what this thread is talking about, I hope. The thin LED strips that light up whenever the engine is on. I obviously wouldn't want to paint over my entire headlights! I want these silly things OFF when I'm parked with the lights off and engine running.
Those are Signature Lights, not DRL. You want this thread; Disable LED Signature Lights

Peter

Back