DRL | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DRL

OMA81

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer XLT
Question for those that have a new 20... the LED DRL (not the headlights) When the car is running, does the LED DRL stay on at all times or does it turn off when the car is in Park and turn on when put in gear?

my 17, it is on at all times (with vehicle running)

I’ve watched countless videos online and can’t seem to find one to answer the question.

essentially I want to know if when you are parked, with the vehicle running if you can tell from looking that the vehicle is running.

TIA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
The only DRL on your vehicle is the low beam. I believe what you are referring to are the Signature Lights. The partial LED ring around the headlight. They come ON when you start the vehicle. As for the 2020 models, I can't answer that for sure, but I am guessing they work the same way.

Peter

Yes... signature lighting is what I was referring to. Thank you! Any way to set it to come on when the vehicle is put into gear rather than starting the vehicle? Forscan or otherwise

Yes... signature lighting is what I was referring to. Thank you! Any way to set it to come on when the vehicle is put into gear rather than starting the vehicle? Forscan or otherwise
Many have tried to disable them without much success. I don't know if what you want to do is possible with FORScan or not.

Peter

At least on the F150, turn the lighting switch to OFF, and it will disable the DRL's. might be the same on the 2020?

If your 2020 model has “configurable” DRLs, then they will do what you’re asking about. If not configurable, then they are on when the engine is running. I can confirm that the ST is “configurable”; can’t speak to the other trim lines. BTW the signature DRL is a straight line LED strip across the top of the headlight housing. Here’s what the manual says:
9D2012A4-B410-4CD5-A45F-88324446F9A7.jpeg

Back