• Register Today It's free!

Dropping 5R55E

bodiea

Reaction score
City, State
Temple,Ga.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
Ok Guys I just signed up for an Elite Explorer Membership! Now I'm gonna attempt to drop this tranny and rebuild it. It's a 2000 XLS 4WD 5R55E. I have a Haynes manual that gives the steps to dropping the transfer case and tranny but I was wondering if there are any of those unforseen things that anyone here can enlighten me on that is not covered in the manual? This all started with the O/D light flashing. Rebuilt the Valve Body and replaced all the solenoids as well to no avail, still have the od light flashing. No codes are showing with my scanner or the one at the parts store. Of course when you turn the truck off the light goes out and doesnt come back on until it's driven for 10-15 miles. I did plug my reader up while it was flashing and reset the codes while actually driving and the light went out. Also any info on the best place to get the rebuild kit and any other needed internal workings would be appreciated. I do plan on buying a ATSG as well to use as a guide for the rebuild.:eek:

Back