Dual Moon Roof - Controls not working 100% after plugged drains | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dual Moon Roof - Controls not working 100% after plugged drains

I don't recall prior to me replacing the motor but I'm fairly certain it was sitting level. I am trying to find a drawing but I believe the motor drives cables one left and one right. I'm concerned that when I put the new motor in I might have offset the cables a bit so now ones one tooth out sort of thing .I'm wondering if there is an adjustment that can be made at at the back of the sunroof to compensate or would I have to pull the motor out again to somehis move the cable back a tooth. Frustrating. The drain tubes and everything seem spotless up there no signs of moisture. But the old motor looks fine but I pulled the circuit board out and there was quite a bit of corrosion on it.

20190329_102914.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like moisture got to it. Not sure about how to level it. I don't recall this particular issue being discussed here before.

Peter

Looks like moisture got to it. Not sure about how to level it. I don't recall this particular issue being discussed here before.

Peter

Just came across something and yeah looks like I'm out a tooth on the right hand cable. I know where I went wrong, when I was installing the new motor I bumped the tilt button to get the motor to seat in position and that I guess moved one cable only. Something to watch for when replacing motors for everyone. Looks like I'm pulling the motor again to correct it. Thanks for the input Peter!

Thank you for that post Phil. The discussion about cables has not come up before.:thumbsup:

Pulled it apart again and this time I opened the sunroof about a quarter of the way and measured off two point from the front of the glass to the front of the opening and it was off by 8mm. With the motor out I evened it on both sides then reinstalled the motor and viola. The picture is decieving cause of a shadow from the garage roof but you can still see the seem. This job was intimidating at first look but it's really no biggy. It's possible to do it in under an hour.

20190329_140207.jpg

Clogged sunroof drains that lead to a water leak. I couldn't get the sunroof to do anything, wonder why.....? This is on a 2015 with 100k
20210218_081150.jpg
20210218_081204.jpg

Back