• Register Today It's free!

Duff long arm question

samwe

Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage, Ak
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
I am installing a used Duff lift with long radius arms.
I do not have the instructions, which isn't a big deal for most things.

The one problem I have is the radius arm brackets. I thought they were located by using some of the existing holes in the frame for the tranny crossmember.

I installed them this way and just eyeballing things I think my wheels are too far back in the wheel well.

Any ideas on this?

How do you know they are too far back?
the TTB is pretty far back int eh wheel well with most aftermarket radius arms......
Some people run a 1/2" spacer on the end of the arm, before the first bushing (front of the bracket) to help with this.
You sure you have everything the kit came with and are using the correct holes on teh frame? I am guessing you are if the X member is picking up the transmission in the correct spot.

Yes you do use some of the holes in the frame from where the rivets were on the T ranny x member to locate the new brackets.

I know JRGaylor just installed these arms on his X you might try to PM him or something. But to be honest I would call Duff and just ask them, ask for scottie he is a great guy and really knows his stuff, they are always more then willing to help (even if the lift is used).

Here is there number and stuff:

261340 Highway 101 Sequim, WA 98382-9248
Phone: 1-360-683-21608am-5pm M-F West Coast Fax: 1-360-683-0159
24 Hours

Just give them a call :thumbsup:

Back