E-Brake light on, and fog lights don't work | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

E-Brake light on, and fog lights don't work

toddious

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
winter park, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Limited 4x4
In what could be totally unrelated issues, my e-brake light came on today while driving, and my fog lights did not work when I tried to use them.

The funny thing, my e-brake cable has not worked for about 2 years, i'm pretty sure the cable is snapped. What would trigger the light to go off? It has been turning on and off as i've been driving today.

Also, the fog lights do not work. The light on the switch does not even turn on when I press the button.

I have lost my manual, so I don't know what fuses are which. These could be on the same fuse/relay, and it's as simple as that, but I have no idea.

Can anyone help? What causes the e-brake light to engage randomly? thanks, Todd.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I may be wrong, but if the ebrake light came on, the brake fluid may be low...check it and see if thats the case, its like a warning light. as for the foglights, im not sure, it could be a fuse, or maybe a switch? goodluck with it.

probably a wiring issue somewhere with your fog lamps...as far as the ebrake i gots no clue...

Dude where have you been!? :)

Try checking your bulbs. That is where I would start looking

You might have some brake issue causing the light to come on. But it make be a picky switch. That's what happened on mine. Try this, while holding the e-brake release pull up on the e-brake pedal and see if it releases further and the light goes off.

I may be wrong, but if the ebrake light came on, the brake fluid may be low...check it and see if thats the case, its like a warning light.

Mine did this as well. I topped off the tank and was good to go.

However, check your brake linings. All 4 of mine were down to an unsafe level which caused the fluid level to drastically drop.

Thanks for the help all. Weird enough, i start the truck this morning, and the fog lights work fine. I also drove probably 35 miles today, and never saw the e-brake light. I am going to fill the fluid, and keep an eye on it. Todd.

Back