Easier/quicker way to switch between vent modes? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Easier/quicker way to switch between vent modes?

jhu8

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Ford Explorer ST
So I have had my explorer for a little over a year now and love it for the most part. However, one thing that I can't get pass is the lack of any physical button to cycle through vent modes. The only method I have determined to do this is through SYNC itself and select it through the touch screen. The only physical button is for defrost and auto mode, which does what it wants when it wants. I suppose I find this extra frustrating because I tend to use Android Auto which then requires me to back out of the OS and into SYNC, then click the climate section, and than adjust the vent mode.

Has anyone found this a bit frustrating? Similarly, it's a similar occurrence with turning on and off the heated steering wheel. I guess Ford just expects you to use their infotainment OS where this would be a little less of an issue. Regardless, there should still be a physical button to cycle through vent modes. Have never had a vehicle that didn't have this. I doubt it, but am I missing something?

I don't use any external devices so I don't find it a problem at all. I also seldom change the settings. With the update to V3.0 it put the heated steering ON/OFF icon on the Home page so no need to go to the Climate screen. I have the 'Auto' setting selected all the time so it works much the same as my home thermostat. The 'Defrost' button was seldom used this past Winter since I park in my garage when at home. I haven't checked to see if vent modes can be changed by voice commands. There are many things that can.

Peter

Back