EK98's 2000 XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EK98's 2000 XLT

This is my second Explorer, a 2000 XLT loaded with leather and moonroof :)... sold the old one because it was 2wd.

Going with a TT/Shackle lift, 31's or 32's... haven't decided yet, and some black cragar soft 8 rims. Want it to be a capable off roader, yet still economical because it is my DD. Can't decide yet if I want to keep the running boards, I like the look of these type instead of the molded to the body version.

25856_527215634133_65201985_3131297.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice lookin x

A little update:

Removed the step bars, removed lower valence, added WAR 153 shackles, about 1.5" TT, and some 265/70/16's (roughly 31x10.50 for a 16" rim).

imagejpeg_er.jpg

Photo0208.jpg

Photo0199.jpg

imagejpeg_ee.jpg

Took it out on the beach, new tires gripped much better than the old General Grabbers I had. Next up will be a hitch, bike rack, and possibly a Go Rhino 3333b grille guard.

lookin good keep up good work

Very Nice..

Ding Ding Ding, let the modding begin...

Once you start you cant stop. Beautiful clean truck that.

Got some new cragar soft 8's, and some 31 BFG AT installed yesterday. Had to trim a bit off the front bumper, only about an inch or so on the inside corners. With the 4.10 gears I seem to notice a little more power around town, but higher revs on the highway.

Also since my last update I've tinted the front windows at 35%, added a new Thule roof rack, auxiliary fog lights and clear front corner headlight lenses. On the inside I have installed dynamat in the cargo area and all 4 doors.

First, a picture from last weekend in front of Mt Jefferson in Oregon. My cell phone doesn't do it justice! :(

IMAG0388.jpg

And on the same trip a cool rock formation on the way to camping in the Willamette Nat. Forest.

IMAG0359.jpg

New wheels and tires!

IMAG0391-2.jpg

IMAG0393-1.jpg

Kind of hard to see in this shot, but I added a custom Explorer vinyl decal to the wind fairing. Explorer pride!

IMAG0353.jpg

What do you mean by black outs? Like headlight covers or headlight tint? I have black headlight covers and love them but I'm pretty sure some people just tint their lights rather than completely cover them. I think it looks great both ways.

And like it's been said numerous times, AWESOME truck!!!

Thanks for the opinions guys,

I was thinking about the black ebay headlights. Search ebay "black explorer headlights". I just can't picture how they would look on the truck in real life.

Oooo, you're right, those would be pretty sweet on your truck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First snow of the season, decided to go exploring and get the E dirtied up!

The new BFGs worked great in the snow. The deepest I cut through today was probably a little over a foot, no problem. :)

IMAG04242.jpg

Fresh snow ahead...

IMAG0426.jpg

Some trees I thought looked cool.

IMAG0420.jpg

Back