• Register Today It's free!

Enable courtesy lights in PIU

FruztalProjects

Reaction score
City, State
Washington, US
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
Is there a way to program the vehicle in FORScan to get the interior lights to come on when I open the door? I haven't been able to find anything for the 2015 PIU for the lights. It's honestly annoying at night that I can't see when I open the doors to my car.

I attached a video for those who may be confused on my question.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You’re actually disabling’Dark Mode’ look for this.

You’re actually disabling’Dark Mode’ look for this.
I've disabled "Dark Car" in FORScan and the lights still do not come on in the car.

Sorry, that is all it took for mine to work.

Did you check the fuse and bulbs?

Enable dark mode selection in the IPC, as well. Then go in through the menu on the dash using the steering wheel controls to uncheck Dark Mode or Silent Mode. Courtesy lights will then operate normally, both inside the vehicle and out.

Enable dark mode selection in the IPC, as well. Then go in through the menu on the dash using the steering wheel controls to uncheck Dark Mode or Silent Mode. Courtesy lights will then operate normally, both inside the vehicle and out.
All the lights but the interior lights work, I disabled Dark Car and stuff, still nothing. Running lights come on when using keyless entry and when I open the door.

All the lights but the interior lights work, I disabled Dark Car and stuff, still nothing. Running lights come on when using keyless entry and when I open the door.
Do they come on when you hit this button?
2022-10-2611.43.223097259178351851698.jpg

Time to trace some wires, something's disconnected somewhere. Wish I could tell you where to start. You have the computer properly configured, it's not a fuse because you can manually turn them on. Something else is not connected because that button should turn them all on.

Do they flash if you hit the panic button on your remote?

Time to trace some wires, something's disconnected somewhere. Wish I could tell you where to start. You have the computer properly configured, it's not a fuse because you can manually turn them on. Something else is not connected because that button should turn them all on.

Do they flash if you hit the panic button on your remote?
Only the blinker indicator flashes inside the vehicle. Nothing else when I hit the panic button.

Unlike the 2015 retail unit, the PIU doesn't have any fuse allocated to the "Courtesy Lamps", just the "Demand Lamps".

Peter

Works on mine. 2018. Don't know why that one wouldn't work.

It needs to be enabled in both the BCM (Body Control Module) and the IPC (Instrument Panel Control.)

It needs to be enabled in both the BCM (Body Control Module) and the IPC (Instrument Panel Control.)
I have remote start enabled on both. Dark car doesn't appear in IPC.

It should. That's how you turn on the option in the menu. Might have to manually change it with the guidance of one of those spreadsheets. Be careful and back up your as-built data before doing that.

Edit: typo from typing on crappy phone.

It should. That's how you turn on the option in the menu. Might have to manually change it with the guidance of one of those spreadsheets. Be careful and back up your as-built data before doing that.

Edit: typo from typing on crappy phone.
This is all I have I can't upload the video here since it's to big.

Video

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also, it looks like your model won't accept the menu setting. Try changing it opposite to what it is in the BCM now and see if that fixes it.

Sorry for the confusion.

Back