Engine Sound and Throttle Response | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Engine Sound and Throttle Response

sh8ker

Reaction score
City, State
Dubai
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 XLT
Hi all. I am new to the forum. Need your best advise on below.
I have a 2014 Explorer XLT GCC 3.5L v6 non-ecoboost
#1 im tired of the robotic sound everytime i rev the engine. I wanna hear a bit of muscular sound everytime i rev. Please advise the best mod for this.
#2 i feel that the throttle response is delayed. Please advise the best known way to improve this.

Im looking for mods that can be done by myself as i am in Dubai and would need to order the parts online.

Thank you sir!
btw, im not interested in getting a muffler...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tuning from livernois and a Cold air intake. The tune will get you a few ponies and the cold air intake will get you some sound if your not going to do a muffler swap. Call livernois or other tuner for suggestions on tunes.

Tuning from livernois and a Cold air intake. The tune will get you a few ponies and the cold air intake will get you some sound if your not going to do a muffler swap. Call livernois or other tuner for suggestions on tunes.

Thanks bro. The tuners seems to be quite pricy. Is it worth it? Would you really feel the difference? I'll start with the intake. Which brand gives the loudest sound?

For the non turbo tuning I'm not sure. IM livernois who is on here quite frequently and he can give you those specifics. For turbo sport versions its like night and day. NA cars wont get as much improvement but the shifting and drivers response I'm sure is greatly improved on both.

You want a more muscular sound but aren't willing to change mufflers. Uhhhh hmmm. :scratch:

[MENTION=3930]fish[/MENTION] - thanks again...

[MENTION=292954]TheOtherEric[/MENTION] - somewhere around the middle most probably... the reason is if i change mufflers i might not be able to pass the annual registration in Dubai with that mod...

Back