escape project

expo5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Red Wing, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
so far we have a black two wheel drive v6 2002 escape, being shipped to us by ford early next week, with leather sunroof premium stereo. ordered a chrome bull bar and piaa 520 smr driving lights, piaa superwhite bulbs, borla exhaust and plan on painting all of the bumpers black. whats next? does that stuff sound cool. this will be my brothers car in a couple of years, my mom will drive it until then, and he wants to wait and rim it up then with the latest style. how cool is it that my mom wants a custom truck? does anyone know how to lift or lower an escape? or what about a kkm or a fipk for the escape, i can' t seem to find one. if anybody else has one they are doing some mods to i'm sure we could help each other out in sorting out what exists for these new cars (it's doesn't qualify as a truck imo)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think if ya look at one of the current street truckin mags, they had some article about a decked out escape
Pete

My g-friend has a 2001 Escape that we are decking out. I did find the only lift for it, it is 1". Thats all I have found so far besides accesories. Ill fill ya in.

yeah, we subscrive to truckin'. my mom saw that escape tricked out by godfathers and she wanted me to recreate it for her. we ordered that same bull bar and exhaust, and the piaa's that look like that, but a little more $. the bumpers will all be painted like that one, but then we will do a black billet grille. so it will be all black other than the bar and the piaa's. then eventually when my brother gets it, some 18s and a system. particularly with the 2wd he will probably not want to take it higher. plus we still have our cj in the garage at home for that kind of fun...

well, everything sounds good so far, but i know kenne bell makes a root style supercharger for it ;)

that's not in the cards for my mom's grocery car. but by the time my brother gets it the sky may be the limit.

it's now a month after ford first told us the escape would be here in a week. and now they still say in a week. we are getting really fed up, and since my x is in phoenix and i am home in minnesota it's a little tough for me and my dad to get to work and my mom to drive my sister and brother to school when we only have two cars. we are about ready to go out to the dealer and ask for a loaner car. anyways, i am just venting. i am really excited to do the mods we have planned on this car and this is driving me crazy. what do you guys think, should we be mad, or should we have just expected this from ford the whole time

What ever happened here? Did you get the truck, any pictures?

Happy trailes!!

it came last week. and i took it on a ski vacation with me. it drives pretty nice, but i have a bunch of major gripes. first of all the two wheel drive sucks big time. we already put 1400 miles on it so i tried to race my friend today a little and the tires just spun and spun and spun. after a while i was launching with barely any gas. even if you are going 20-25 before you floor it it spins. the rear carpet doesn't fit properly. the head unit doesn't fit right (there is a gap between the top of it and the surrounding molding). when it's cold it is sometimes hard to get it to shift out of park (one time i had to let it sit for a minute before the electronically controllled transmission would work). there is a huge drivers side blind spot. i only observed gas mileage with 89 octane of 16-21 throughout my trip, which was mostly high way driving and i never hit it hard until tonight etc.

on the positive side its powerful, cheap, comfortable, and it looks nice.

on the mods issue, we are still waiting for the wiring harness for out piaa's i want to do everything in one afternoon so i haven't gotten around to doing the stuff planned. it will go in to get the molding painted on the 25th which is after i go to school so i'll have to ask my dad to send me a picture or two after it's done. then i will post them. as of right now it just has some eurolite bulbs and a dakine sticker on the rear.

They put out a suprising amount of power for it's weight

Well, besides the complaints sound pretty nice!! You'll have to reply to this thread when ever you get the pictures!

Happy trailes!!

convert it to 4x4 and get dual ARB air lockers for it.

im sure you could find a parts list for the suspension and find another ford truck that has the same suspension. and use a lift for that.

isnt the X IFS the same as the Ranger IFS? i saw someone with a SuperLift on it.

send the 02 back, or force them to fix all your problems.

and your mom isnt the only one that wants a custom car. mine too.

the mazda tribute that i test drove was awesome. they do have a lot of power for their size (more powerful engine than my [bigger] explorer). i want to buy an escape or tribute, but i think i want a subaru wrx first:)

everythings here, and we found a place to have it painted for 800. but it won't be done until the end of march. my parents want to wait for the weather to get better before doing any painting (after all they are in minnesota) and they don't want to put the other stuff on and then have to take it off when they want to get the painting done. i will post pics when its done.

here's a picture or two

Attachments

• escapwithlights.jpg
    escapwithlights.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 275

s

Attachments

• escape.jpg
    escape.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 284

Very nice! now, if I only had the money...

wow doesn't look bad on an escape. i want to see it lifted!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lower it!!!! Throw the new supercharger on it and that thing would be a mean little escape machine. Throw some 18's pn there and that thing would be ready to roll.

Back