Exhaust specs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust specs

jvog

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Navajo
My exhaust rusted through and fell off right before the muffler so I need a new exhaust set up from the cat back. I noticed the pipe that attaches to the cat's pipe is clamped so I need to make sure I get the right OD muffler/ ID pipe to slip over the pipe the cat is on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take it to a good exhaust shop. they can probably build you a new system for a couple hundred bucks.

Take it to a good exhaust shop. they can probably build you a new system for a couple hundred bucks.

I could but I am plenty capable. I am pretty sure the stock exhaust is 2 inch OD but just wanted to double check.

I could but I am plenty capable. I am pretty sure the stock exhaust is 2 inch OD but just wanted to double check.

Tape measure or rulers work wonders and seeing that you haven't given us an ounce of information as to what vehicle you own, I'm sure you're not going to get a whole lot of information.

Tape measure or rulers work wonders and seeing that you haven't given us an ounce of information as to what vehicle you own, I'm sure you're not going to get a whole lot of information.

Yea I kinda figured someone was going to say use a tape measure, but like I said I wanted to verify it with people.

I thought my vehicle was in my info, sorry. Its a 94 Navajo

Yea I kinda figured someone was going to say use a tape measure, but like I said I wanted to verify it with people.

I thought my vehicle was in my info, sorry. Its a 94 Navajo

Yes, the stock exhaust is 2" from the cat back.

EDIT: Just to specify, it is 2" for '93-'94. I believe '91-'92 is 2 1/4" from the cat back.

Back