Explorer 03 XLT stereo.

essam

Reaction score
City, State
UAE Abu Dhabi
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2003 XLT
Hi all,
this is my first post to this forum, hoping to get an answer. i've been looking for an OEM Radio/CD-MP3 changer for my 03 XLT, but honestly i'm very confused that all radios i've got online (said to fit 03 exp) have different plugs than the ones i have in my xlt. The system i have is 1L2F-18K876-DD so please if you can suggest any matching OEM MP3 changer, or at least some conversion to the existing harness to fit the new one.
I have photos of the current stereo and the harness, but i cannot attach files :wtf:

thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cant tell to well but it looks like someone modified the body side harness. Those are not the plugs that i've seen with the '03's. They are black (or grey) and more square. Those look like something from a 2nd gen?? So does the radio, never seen one like that either in a 3rd gen. Sounds like You have to get an aftermarket kit, which one would be a good question, PIE, Peripheral etc. When they added mp3 and stuff that was usually on the PhaseII plugs grey, you should have had World plugs black. . .maybe UAE changes something?

Hi Jim,

the modifications you see in the photos (electrical tape and junction wires) are because i installed a kenwood stereo (which does not fit the console perfectly) otherwise the connectors are the OEM ones that connects to the ford stereo. however, i've seen more strange things in what they call "Gulf area specs", that all the 3rd gen exp do not have sunroof, nor steering audio controls, and no door molding or even fog lights and auto lamp control, moreover no v8 4.6 engines at all. after a deep googling, i came to know that the harness is called M100 compared to the T100 you're talking about (world plug), and the converter is available online, but it takes only two connectors out of the three so i'm not very sure if that converter will be sufficient.
this link shows some of the connectors: http://oem-auto-accessory.com/photo_page.html

btw, the 3rd gen stereo connects to only one plug (not considering steering wheel controls)?

thanks.

i'm posting here one of the options i've got on ebay
FORD 6 CD MP3 CHANGER

noticeably, it has a different plug (is this the single T100 thing?), and it has the side clip mounting considering the two holes on each side unlike mine that has the bottom bracket mounting, so the question is, will this fit in my car?

Back