extra help about shocks: stiffer shocks needed ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

extra help about shocks: stiffer shocks needed ?

PROTEUS

Reaction score
City, State
El Salvador, America Central
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 91 XL
I have readed a lot of threads related to shocks, and I haven´t found something that can help me in my case. I'm still doubting.

My country has HORRIBLE roads, and I think that shocks are a little weakness, because I feel the bumps very hard !! without bouncing (I'd prefer to bounce than hard bumps) , The EXp has Monroe Sensatracs since I'm only drive on road, but I'm thinking that I need off-roads shocks like the Rancho 9000 because the horribles roads here.

I think I need stiffer shocks!!, but I'm not sure.

Sometimes I feel to loss control.

The EXp was using Gabriel VST , before.

So what to get ? , please help !!
Rancho 9000, Edelbrock, Bilstein ??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have spent alot of time in Baja and I have had a lot of luck with Bilsteins. I strongly recommed them.

-Tim

In NY, the roads are no different between offroad and onroad. :(

Sometimes it's better to drive offroad because you kinda slow down and be cautious but imagine going 60 mph and hitting a 3-foot pothole!

The same case !!, that's the reason for this threads ... Now the off-roads are the same on-roads ...
and I can't go further than 60mph because to control the Exp is very hard ...
so... what to avoid or reduce this ...what kind of shocks ??

Depending on your budget- I'd go with Gabriel VST for under $100 per set and Edelbrock IAS for under $300.

Back