• Register Today It's free!

Factory Nav Unlock

seannydeez

Reaction score
City, State
Braintree, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Limited
I apologize of this is a repeat. I was searching lock pick devices for the pioneer factory nav head units and came across a way to unlock the factory units so you can change the colors, type in destinations while driving, and some other funky settings that I didn't want to mess with. I don't know what years this works with other than 06.

Here's how:
Turn unit on (obviously)
Press hard Nav button and agree to the legal BS
hopefully you have some saved addresses...choose a saved address from your address book.
press the edit button and clear out the address
typ: F-DEVELOP ON (make sure there is a space between develop and on)
In the top left of the screen after you enter this should be the word "ADDRESS"
Press under the A in address until the map appears.

Now, press the hard "Menu" button on the left side of the unit.
Now press the soft "security" button
Once you're in the security screen, press the screen in the bottom right corner just as you did for under the "A" in Address.

This should bring you to a new screen with all sort of settings. You can change color schemes from Ford to Lincoln and Mercury, you can pull up a cool screen that looks like the speedo from knight rider, and best of all you can turn off the security lock which prevents you from not being able to enter destinations while the vehicle is in motion.

The steps above are from memory so if they don't work for you let me know and i'll see if I missed a step.

The settings will reset everytime you turn the car on and off, but all you'll have to do is go to the security screen and press the bottom right off the screen again to access the menu, you won't have to go through the first few steps.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sweet, i'm gonna have to try this:thumbsup:

Hey, I was trying this but when i choose an address and hit view/edit, if i clear it to type in f-develop on it doesnt let me, it will decide what starts with an F if that makes any sense. Is there something i'm missing?

I can't run out to my car right now, but if I recall I chose an address I had saved and on the screen there was a button that said edit. I just hit the backspace button and typed in "f-develop on" and it didn't suggest anything. I did try entering "f-develop on" as a new address and that didn't work, I had to edit an existing one. I'll check it out when I leave work tonight and i'll update you when I get home if you're still having trouble.

-Just one correction in the instructions, you don't clear the address, you clear the name and type F-DEVELOP_On.
Thanks for the instructions though,
This worked for me to get into the edit mode but the changes I make do not stick and so whenever I turn the truck off and back on the changes are gone. Anyone know how to make them stick?

I knew I probably messed up somewhere, thanks for correcting it! It does suck that the changes don't stick, but at least you dont have to go through all the steps the next time, you can just go right to the security screen. I was afraid to mess with some of the settings because I'm not sure what they do or if there is anyway to undo it. I do particularly like the lincoln color scheme over the ford one and of course the ability to type on the screen while driving.

Yes, true, once you have the F-DEVELOP ON address entered, you can easily enter the edit mode through the Security screen hidden button. But surely there is someway to make the changes stick.

I apologize of this is a repeat. I was searching lock pick devices for the pioneer factory nav head units and came across a way to unlock the factory units so you can change the colors, type in destinations while driving, and some other funky settings that I didn't want to mess with. I don't know what years this works with other than 06.

Here's how:
Turn unit on (obviously)
Press hard Nav button and agree to the legal BS
hopefully you have some saved addresses...choose a saved address from your address book.
press the edit button and clear out the address
typ: F-DEVELOP ON (make sure there is a space between develop and on)
In the top left of the screen after you enter this should be the word "ADDRESS"
Press under the A in address until the map appears.

Now, press the hard "Menu" button on the left side of the unit.
Now press the soft "security" button
Once you're in the security screen, press the screen in the bottom right corner just as you did for under the "A" in Address.

This should bring you to a new screen with all sort of settings. You can change color schemes from Ford to Lincoln and Mercury, you can pull up a cool screen that looks like the speedo from knight rider, and best of all you can turn off the security lock which prevents you from not being able to enter destinations while the vehicle is in motion.

The steps above are from memory so if they don't work for you let me know and i'll see if I missed a step.

The settings will reset everytime you turn the car on and off, but all you'll have to do is go to the security screen and press the bottom right off the screen again to access the menu, you won't have to go through the first few steps.

Could this be how the dealer programs NAV units for a particular vehicle? :scratch:

I.E. wouldn't have to go to the dealer or pay someone to reprogram a NAV unit for particular features of a vehicle?

Could this be how the dealer programs NAV units for a particular vehicle? :scratch:

I.E. wouldn't have to go to the dealer or pay someone to reprogram a NAV unit for particular features of a vehicle?

It's possible but there must be an additional step to "burn in" your settings which we do not have here...

I did this earlier and got it to work, but has anybody else not been able to get the "Sensor Information" to work properly? It pulls up fine, but most of the gauges don't work at all. For me, I get nothing from Voltage, Acceleration, Slope Angle, and the clock is off. Wasn't sure if it's just lacking the necessary sensors or if it's something I'm doing wrong.

Back