-Hypertech chip
Exhaust:
-hi-flow cat
-flowmaster force II catback

Differentials and lift:
Front:
-HP Dana 44
-narrowed 5 3/8" on the pass side
-moser alloy shaft on the passenger side, and stock shafts on the driver side.
-CTM u-joints
-5.13 gears and No-Spin Detroit locker
-WH 5.5 coils
-1.5 x .25 wall DOM steering links using tube inserts, and 3/4" heim joints
-superlift adjustable track bar
-stock bronco radius arms with 7 degree bushings
-cut down bronco coil towers and F-250 shock towers
-RS 9012X shocks.

Rear:
-Ford 9"
-narrowed 6 inches
-disk brakes
-Dutchman alloy axles
-5.13 gears and Detroit locker
-Spring Over Axle with 2" Old Man Emu leafs
-RS9000 shocks

Tires and wheels:
-15x8 rockcrawlers with 2.5" BS
-currently 35x12.5 BFG MT and coming soon 37x12.5 GY MTR's

Misc:
-cheap front and rear bumper.
-radioshack cb w/ magnetic antenna
-Perry's fiberglass front fender

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey when you do a flib on the rear end, put the rear end on the bottom off the leafs how much lift do you get?

Hey Beer man,

For the Spring Over Axle (SOA) for the rear axle most use a bracket that fits on top of the axle and the one I have fits into the stock leaf spring bracket that came factory on the rear axle. The Spring Over Axle conversion where you are moving the leaf springs from under the axle to on top of the axle at the minimum with stock leaf springs provides roughly 5.5 inches of lift. More lift can be obtained with more leaf springs or more arched leaf springs, I think some have even used leaf springs from F150's or F250's cant remember which it was. The Superlift spring pads (which the leaf springs rest on) that I'm using have shock mounts built right into the new part. The SOA works for sure on 1st gens. 91-94, I don't know about later gens. Hope this helps, later, Chris.

Daemon your explorer is sick, nice job man. Not trying to steal your feature truck thread.

Looks great man! Awesome work.

That's SWEET man!!!!
Great job.
If you don't mind me asking, roughly how much did it cost to go solid up front?

Thanks Rick! My explorer wouldn't look/perform like it is now without this forum.

rino351- the whole set-up including the rear swap and new tires (37 SSR's), maybe around $6k.

Dude, that truck is sick looking... Nice job.

I like the truck!!!!......I would have painted that rear diffy red though.
When I think ford tuff...this is the type of truck that comes to mind...

I am just a 2nd gen shackle kiddy...
be gentle...

Nice!!!! I want to see more wheeling pics! Not parking lot pics!

Hey man that is a sweet looking explorer. I have a few things wrong with my 1st gen like bushings, bearings, etc. then i will be on my way to something like yours. It is good to see a lot of these so people like me can get a good sense of what ours will look like. Thanks. :thumbsup:

i've said it before and I'll say it again.. sweet job on your truck man... i didn't know you had a 9 inch rear though, did you narrow that yourself too? how tough was that?

Thanks a lot guys!

Positive Vibes said:
Nice!!!! I want to see more wheeling pics! Not parking lot pics!
I've only taken it out twice since I was able to wheel it. Nothing hard just some mild wheeling pics in my album and here.

Nick26 said:
i've said it before and I'll say it again.. sweet job on your truck man... i didn't know you had a 9 inch rear though, did you narrow that yourself too? how tough was that?

The pics taken above in the parking lot was with the 8.8 rear end. I took the 9" to a local shop for narrowing, I don't trust myself doing it. ;)

Nice Rig...

-Nice rig -=DaemoN=-... :)

I hope to see you on the trails, here in Tucson, in the future... Maybe in February 2005 :thumbsup:

...Explorerofdeath...

Nice Rig, I really Like what you have done with yours!!!! Looks Sweet, Keep up the good work....

-Caleb

Awsome Job Dude

Still working on my explorer some things need to be buttoned up before I can start lifting and putting performance mods onto it. Keep up the good work just wanted to congratulate you on the beautiful job done.

nice x if you dont mind me askin how much were your fenders ? thx bruce

Nice X you got there Daemon I give your X 2 thumbs up?

Back