• Register Today It's free!

few problems with my ex

Tommo1471

Reaction score
City, State
lancashire
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer north face
I have a 2000 ex north face on lpg which I have had about a month and am slowly working through the niggle problems with her. Was hoping some of you experts could give me a point in the right direction with the following problems

1- when I fire her up for the first time that day the revs are really high and stay like that for about 30 seconds which I put down to the choke but wanted to check this was the case.

2- also when I first start her up my brake pedal feels normal but their are hardly any brakes. EEvery time I use them they get better and are fine after I have stopped a couple of times. And are then fine for the rest of the day.

3- occasionally I have starting issues where it may turn over for 30 seconds before starting this does seem to be mainly when parked facing downhill not sure if that is just a coincidence though.

All help and advice will be greatly appreciated
Shaun

Sounds like you have a vacuum leak. After a run, leave to stand 30 mins, then pull the pipe out the brake booster. You should hear a good suck of air.
If you are low on fuel, and pointing down hill, the pump ain't got anything to suck!!! Park it the other way round and it should cure it.

Problems

Hi Shaun,

Everything you list there sounds like one common fault - hard inlet manifold gaskets. That would give you the vacuum leak which Kevin describes.

It's not as scary a job as you might thinks and there are a couple of very good 'how to....' write ups on here.

Good luck,

Jon

Back