• Register Today It's free!

Finally got my taillight tinted.

ERIK2173

Reaction score
City, State
Oak Park, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 SPORT
It took a while to get it done but I finally tinted the tailights on my 01 sport last weekend. It had been raining on and off since then so I just got some pictures take.

I think it looks alot better, the tail lights were just too bright before.

Here it is before
2700back2.jpg

and here's a couple after:
2700reardark2.jpg

They actually look a little darker in real life.
2700reardark.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks,
No I just covered it for the first coat.
Then I took off the masking tape for the second two.
You can't tell the difference until I'm in reverse it light up fine in reverse.
I have a picture of the reverse light on but it's at home I'll post it later.

It took a little work to get the third light out but I think it was worth it.

did you use the nightshades tint?

Yes VHT Night shades.
It was very easy to do.

i want to do my third brake light but i can't grasp the fact of spending 12 plus shipping just to do a little area like that, got any left i could buy from ya ?;)

I saw earlier today an X with the same model as yours with the GTS Black Out Kit on the back tail light. It looks okay but doesn't look natural-looking like yours. What do you think of the look of those?

where can i find vht niteshades for cheap? some places are even charging hazardious material shipping charges. :((

I did 3-4 coats on two different cars and used all of my night shades up so I don't have any left.
I got mine at a local ricer shop for $7. they didn't have it in stock but since they carried other VHT products they ordered it for me, saved me the shipping charges.
I'd just call and find out if they carry VHT stuff and see if you can have them order it for you.

X-factor: I don't really like the look of the covers, simply because the look like covers. I've seen covers that don't let any light thru. When I put on my brakes it's pretty hard to tell that my light are tinted.

its my understanding that you spray the VHT on the outside of the lens correct? If so, has anyone had a problem with it starting to wear off after lots of car washes? Don't want to go to the trouble and expense of doing it if it's gonna wear off

Mine show no signs of wearing after about a year and many carwashes.

Back