Fix4Dirt '98 XLT

:D Finally, its about time!

The Specs

Basic- 1998 XLT 4x4
Mileage- 323k (8/25/22)
Engine- 4.0 SOHC (stock)
Trans- 5r55e (stock)
Tcase- BW4405 (stock)
Front/Rear End- D35 IFS 3.73/8.8 LS 3.73 (stock)
Suspension- TT w/Keys/OME36+Shackle, ES UCA/LCA bushings, ES Sway bar end links (not stock)
Wheels/Tires- Stock 15" teardrop w/ 1" spacer/31" Toyo OC ATIII
Audio- MACH HU/Amp, Kicker CS door speakers, Kicker Comp C8 sub
Bumpers- RockRanger bumper+ HF 12k Winch
Accessories- Roof Basket, 30" LED Bar, Rear light pods, loads of sound deadening

The future!!!

- "New" hatch (spot welds tearing/torn on old one, need to paint up new one) In Progress
- Brake Booster Done
- Powertrax NoSlip
- Superlift?
- 33s?

Pics!!!

Stock
IMG_9719.jpeg

Lift stock tires

IMG_0896.jpeg
A3ADF2B8-CA54-4B99-8539-EF02F08E061F.jpeg

Current form (6/14/22) Lift & 31s

IMG_2994.jpeg

Current Form (12/29/22) A bit more lift, 31s, basket

Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 2.44.15 PM.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

new brake booster installed. brakes are nice!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

got new torsion keys and a set of shackles in yesterday... a treatsie! finally can get a 2" TT since the driver side was maxed out at 1"

also got new clear headlights in few days back. updates the look a bit, the old ones look like them glass ones! :D

1659202347021.png

figured id link this here to keep wveryrhing condensed. comments on fix4dirts technological prowess or lack thereof are also welcome in that thread.

some pictures from the recent work. will test to make sure all works on a trip soon!
IMG_3282.jpeg
IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_3431.jpeg

What do you plan to do with the extra hardware you left on the core support?

What do you plan to do with the extra hardware you left on the core support?
that got reinstalled, it was the nuts that secured the brake booster, so its back in. why do you ask? no i didnt shut the hood with that still there!

that got reinstalled, it was the nuts that secured the brake booster, so its back in. why do you ask? no i didnt shut the hood with that still there!
Don't know till you ask. Could be worse, a spouse or loved one could be holding on to them.

Don't know till you ask. Could be worse, a spouse or loved one could be holding on to them.
LOL in my case loved one, but true, never know!!!

also, coming up in the next post hopefully soon...... more weight addition and mileage reduction by means of front mounted metal.

got new torsion keys and a set of shackles in yesterday... a treatsie! finally can get a 2" TT since the driver side was maxed out at 1"

also got new clear headlights in few days back. updates the look a bit, the old ones look like them glass ones! :D

View attachment 432380
I need those lights asap

LOL they look very nice and update the look! unfortunately dont have another set for sale LOL!
Dang it they are super nice

I like the truck, you have done a lot of stuff to give it your personal touches.

I need the lights too for my last 98, someone backed into and broke the inside mounting arms etc.
FYI, I found an eBay seller who had several NOS European Explorer OEM lights for sale, all four pieces(lights and turn signals). I haven't made time to instlall them yet, it isn't supposed to be hard to put them in the USA models. They were about $120, and he had at least three more sets.

I like the truck, you have done a lot of stuff to give it your personal touches.

I need the lights too for my last 98, someone backed into and broke the inside mounting arms etc.
FYI, I found an eBay seller who had several NOS European Explorer OEM lights for sale, all four pieces(lights and turn signals). I haven't made time to instlall them yet, it isn't supposed to be hard to put them in the USA models. They were about $120, and he had at least three more sets.
woahhhhhhh, thanks!!!!!!! high praise comin from you!

this was the one i used, took a little bit to get it fitted. in the future, i might have gone with the Lumen ones from
CarId that cost iirc maybe 120? if it fits easier. but well see if these hold up if they hold up good, then theyre worth it!

And now I'm going to be broke lol
not sure whether to go with these or the carid ones tbh, since it was slightly harder to fit these maybe sizing was ever so slightly off idk. so its between these and the chrome euro ones from lumen for me. all depends on how this one holds up

not sure whether to go with these or the carid ones tbh, since it was slightly harder to fit these maybe sizing was ever so slightly off idk. so its between these and the chrome euro ones from lumen for me. all depends on how this one holds up
Dude clearcoat them and they will last forever

Back