Fix4Dirt '98 XLT

:D Finally, its about time!

The Specs

Basic- 1998 XLT 4x4
Mileage- 323k (8/25/22)
Engine- 4.0 SOHC (stock)
Trans- 5r55e (stock)
Tcase- BW4405 (stock)
Front/Rear End- D35 IFS 3.73/8.8 LS 3.73 (stock)
Suspension- TT w/Keys/OME36+Shackle, ES UCA/LCA bushings, ES Sway bar end links (not stock)
Wheels/Tires- Stock 15" teardrop w/ 1" spacer/31" Toyo OC ATIII
Audio- MACH HU/Amp, Kicker CS door speakers, Kicker Comp C8 sub
Bumpers- RockRanger bumper+ HF 12k Winch
Accessories- Roof Basket, 30" LED Bar, Rear light pods, loads of sound deadening

The future!!!

- "New" hatch (spot welds tearing/torn on old one, need to paint up new one) In Progress
- Brake Booster Done
- Powertrax NoSlip
- Superlift?
- 33s?

Pics!!!

Stock
IMG_9719.jpeg

Lift stock tires

IMG_0896.jpeg
A3ADF2B8-CA54-4B99-8539-EF02F08E061F.jpeg

Current form (6/14/22) Lift & 31s

IMG_2994.jpeg

Current Form (12/29/22) A bit more lift, 31s, basket

Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 2.44.15 PM.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dude clearcoat them and they will last forever
thats another option, yeah. though sometimes i notice the rainbow effect kinda after i do that, so usually i dont do it till it gets oxidized, dunno. idk if ya get what i mean by rainbow effect though

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

More sanding less paint
huh, ok!!!!! its been a while, but i dont remember putting a heavy coat on, couldve sworn it was light. oh well, thanks for the tip, ill keep it in mind for the next time!

And now I'm going to be broke lol

You made me go look, the set I bought are listed down now at $102 from the seller I have bought a bunch of NOS items from;

I love the tons of choices for the 2nd gen Explorers, there are so many it'd be hard to choose. I just needed the stock look given I'll be selling this white one after I retire. My black project will have the Mountaineer front grille and lights, and I don't think there have been any aftermarket lights for those.

You made me go look, the set I bought are listed down now at $102 from the seller I have bought a bunch of NOS items from;
interesting! personally i like the clear euros better similiar to the ones i got in mine, but i didnt even know you could still find this stuff!

Exactly, I love the aftermarket perfectly clear lights, plus the various other styles and some smoked lenses. But the stock stuff is fine too for most of my needs.

huh, ok!!!!! its been a while, but i dont remember putting a heavy coat on, couldve sworn it was light. oh well, thanks for the tip, ill keep it in mind for the next time!
I found that to much paint will cause the lights to look Hazy or rainbow ish

The way around it is several layers of paint very thin and sanding in between coats

A36BF089-74FF-4DF6-8999-B0AAFA158947.jpeg

5FE467B0-ED44-4686-9E72-206F77C1D3DA.jpeg
day 1/5 on my trip to Sierra Nevadas.

day 2/5!

94C13DF3-3FD3-4FE8-885A-0106136890E2.jpeg 40DCD820-0294-4289-83F3-8009E7162B3F.jpeg 229EBC05-2CF5-488F-A973-2B22814312F5.jpeg 791D754E-1338-436F-B37A-14E754D10223.jpeg 217351D2-839C-4F35-A89C-5DD50B5DAAED.jpeg

Wicked cool pics!!!
That is one clean rig

Wicked cool pics!!!
That is one clean rig
oh wow!!!!!!! thanks jamie!!!!!! :D hopefully, fingers crossed, lots more to come for it too!

You caught that fish with your hand?

You caught that fish with your hand?
no the fish wasnt caught by hand 😂 that was after taking the hook out. not fast enough to catch bt hand LOL! just cast far and wait for the tug tug

no the fish wasnt caught by hand 😂 that was after taking the hook out. not fast enough to catch bt hand LOL! just cast far and wait for the tug tug
Hit like lightning and run like thunder.

Hit like lightning and run like thunder.
"better remember, lightning never strikes twice" :p anyways, its kinda fun to reel em in!

not mant pics of the rig from day 3. X didnt make it up the hill which means time to install locker since ill be back soon again, i will be victorious!

9BA323A5-82B6-4319-AB66-48485D3C328C.jpeg E4270AC6-A331-4CDC-883D-F7B16D7591E1.jpeg 421210E9-CFFD-457D-9B2C-52164BFA2B0F.jpeg DBB081E1-74C4-4438-A6AA-A9BA2A21C756.jpeg

I caught a trout with my hands once
It was at night, I was holding a torch made from a stick and an old towel
Fish was sleeping behind a rock, I was standing on the rocks above it
Had buddy hold the torch, reached down and grabbed it
Kinda freaked me out I was able to
It was a medium sized trout, had sickness in one eye, I immediately dropped it back into the river
That was in Buffalo creek area upper Platte, Colorado many many moons ago
Yes we had been drinking

Locker will help make that hill for sure!!

I caught a trout with my hands once
It was at night, I was holding a torch made from a stick and an old towel
Fish was sleeping behind a rock, I was standing on the rocks above it
Had buddy hold the torch, reached down and grabbed it
Kinda freaked me out I was able to
It was a medium sized trout, had sickness in one eye, I immediately dropped it back into the river
That was in Buffalo creek area upper Platte, Colorado many many moons ago
Yes we had been drinking

Locker will help make that hill for sure!!
oh wow 😂😂😂 yeah not sure i can do that. maybe if its sleeping, but these things never seem to sleep here 😂 but they dont seemmto bite often unless its fresh worm fresh powerbait or a spinner LOL anything less and you get no bites. oh and fresh marshmallow works too. here its gotta be fresh nothing less for these fish!

Hey, ya know what though, you may not have beaten the 4runner yet, but you'd probably still beat my truck up it, even if I had a rear locker! So you're still ahead of someone 😂
Man I miss having 4wd, now I've got more power but I'm a 2wd..😅

Can't say I've caught trout or anything by hand, but I have caught snakes, turtles, jellyfish (technically a hand held net, not sure that counts 😂), some small itty bitty fish if that counts too, etc... Went to some springs a few months back and found those freshwater tiny flounder looking fish (want to say I googled it at some point and that's exactly what it was, but I really cannot remember), like an inch and a half or so, saw a few of 'em, I was able to nab a few of those. But even still, dad gum @410Fortune , even sleeping that can be hard to do, I've tried that myself a few times.

Back