Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Anyone ever have luck swapping the early model 315mz flat/ banded tire pressure sensor style to a valve stem style? Picked up some 20" Fooses for my 2007 Limited that came with valve stem sensors for a 2011... surprise surprise, they won't program (I work for a Ford dealer, I tried our factory IDS, our programmer AND one of the techs' programmers with zero luck). Reason I ask is because the valve stem variety are way less expensive than the banded ones and they're easier to replace. Thanks in advance!
20200822_110807.jpg
Screenshot_20200822-110747_Firefox.jpg

not sure about which alternate sensors you are showing - you say 2011 they may be incompatible (protocol/id difference)

I converted to autel 315Mhz universal programmable sensors, (now they have the dual 415/315 all in one)

cloned the original band sensors to the new ones - no issues.

Originally I had got some GM Acadia sensors (rock auto showed them to be compatible, and they worked), but after my autel ts501 got an update it refused to recognize them as compatible sensors ... even though the truck was fine with them.

As long as you can get them to talk when programming sensors to the truck they will be fine.

My tire shop was able to replace mine with the metal valve stem type. They had some trouble initially programming them, but all is well now. About 5,000 miles on them.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I ordered the orange sensors, will update with results once the new shoes are on

Back