• Register Today It's free!

Flowmaster 40 series kit?

sobekane20

Reaction score
City, State
Northern NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer Sport
Where can I get a the cat-back system of the flowmaster 40 series? Not just the muffler.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The catback from flowmaster is the Force II which has a 50 series. The old first made ones had a 40 series but they no longer make them. You might be able to find one that is NOS. Best bet would be to get the mufler & have a shop make the pipes. Or get the Force II & swap the muffler out with a 40 series.

Mine came with the 40 series but I ordered it in March from Summit, I didn't know they switched them with 50s.

I just drove into my local muffler shop and had them install a cat back with 40's Flowmaster single in dual out cost was around $319

And I love it!! This way I got all my custom bends and had it routed the way I wanted it routed.

Frodslhuz said:
Mine came with the 40 series but I ordered it in March from Summit, I didn't know they switched them with 50s.

They switched a long long time ago. Summit, or whoever they got it from had an old one & you must have got it. I bought mine from Summit also in June & it came with a 50 series.

Did anyone weld there flowmaster kit, because I did but didn't know if it was necessary?

Mine is. Shop did it.

How much is it for a shop to install your exhaust?

Back