Flowmaster 50 too loud, better alternative? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Flowmaster 50 too loud, better alternative?

beavis195

Reaction score
City, State
Sammamish, WA and Provo, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4 door
Hey had a flowmaster 50 installed cause they didn't have a 70 series and it does sound good but interior resonance is bad and too loud inside and it shakes the floor of my explorer on acceleration, particularly for the backseat passengers. What is a more quiet alternative to the 50? Should I go magnaflow, the 70 series? Also I kept the stock tubing, would replacing that help any? Thanks
~Chase

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Find a 70 Series muffler, the magnaflow will be louder.

I have a magnaflow on mine and it's not that loud. Especially inside.

Did you not keep the rear piece of exhaust pipe or something? It shouldn't shake the floor otherwise..... :)...if so, just 'run it out to the rear bumper' instead....:)

I sell a MAC for your application. Direct fit,bolt on full system. I have a customer with a v-8 and it seemed very toned down. He doesn't complain whatsoever of any interior resonance.

I sell a MAC for your application. Direct fit,bolt on full system. I have a customer with a v-8 and it seemed very toned down. He doesn't complain whatsoever of any interior resonance.

i second the MAC bolt-on catback... my friend just installed one on his silverado with the 5.3L V8 and it has a quiet interior sound... its quite toned down at idle, but when u open it up u can def tell its there

Back