Flowmaster mufflers / What to do.. HELP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Flowmaster mufflers / What to do.. HELP

Reaction score
City, State
Brunswick, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT 2WD V6
Im thinking about putting either a Flowmaster 40 Delta Flow or a 50 Delta Flow muffler in my 1997 ford explorer 4.0 v6. Which do you think would be best. I dont want a real real loud annoying roar, but i want to hear it good inside and out.
Also I was thinking about buying it online and taking it to a muffler shop and letting them install it. Would it sound just as good putting it on my factory pipes and not getting new exhaust pipes put in cause thats a lot of money.
Basically I want to know what you think is the best thing to do!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are so many exhaust threads in the archives, it's hard to fathom. It gets hard to even bother to replying to these sorts of threads anymore to be honedt with you. I recommend you try one or both of the site's search tools to get advice from days gone by. The site has been in existence almost as long as your truck so there should be a lot of good info there.

Try Youtube as well to hear samples. Lots of Explorer exhaust vids there.

Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi - have a 2002 Ford Sport track with the same engine - I have a Hushpower HP2 that works great and sounds great. Flowmaster makes them. Seperate division but same company.

I know the Delta Flows work great - 50 would be quieter than the 40.

welcome i got single in and dual out 40 series flowmasters on my 01 sport and it sounds loud and deep. if u want something quieter go with like the 70 series thats the quietest flowmaster

Back