kkm- not street legal? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

kkm- not street legal?

You bet and I enjoy every minute of the test. Yes I AM being sarcastic.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't they take enough cash from you for taxes every year?! They still feel the need to charge to have the vehicle tested?! "It's an inconvienience for the driver in the first place...lets go charge him on top of it all.."...lol

Man, am I glad I live in central PA. We don't have emissions tests here. :D :p

I live in Houston, TX and when I got my X inspected, it passed with flying colors...and they didn't even lift the hood! I am only guessing here, but if it passes emissions, they don't care too much about if it would pass a visual test...

i swear that over half of the trucks here in florida would be illegal if they made an emissions law active here. they dont even have vehicle inspections! thats crazy to me. i kno wguys runninopen headers on their mud trucks that they use as daily drivers.

Georgia is the most lax state in any respect to car laws. To get your driver's license, practically all you have to do is show up with proof of age. Then when you are driving, you can go through a speed trap going 95; it's not worth it for the cops to stop you unless you're doing over 100. The emissions test is only done because you need to submit your emissions to get your registration every year. But it's OK if you don't want to get emissions, because over 1/3rd of all cars driven in Georgia aren't registered. And no one cares, you won't get pulled over for it. But, despite all this, I've had a 1991 Acura Legend that failed the emissions test. It still boggles my mind how anything can fail a Georgia test. Oh well, I guess when July rolls around I'll just give it a shot and see what happens.

Back