For anyone on the fence about a exhaust for their Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For anyone on the fence about a exhaust for their Sport

i like it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you. It gave me what I was looking for. Not crazy loud, really deep tone and doesn't sound like a Honda. I'm now trying to decide what to do with that third cat/muffler before the rear mufflers. I saw a guy on here do an x-pipe with his but I'm afraid it will be too loud. My exhaust guy will mount the x-pipe minues the final welds to see what it sounds like before finishing it. I just haven't gone there to do it. The videos do it no justice but you guys get some sound.

Love love love the Livernois 93 V2 Hi Boost. I cannot express how happy I have been with it.... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, I appreciate it. Right now I think I'll go with the Livernois 93 tune. Seems pretty straightforward and should give the Sport the bump I'm looking for.

Rgds, Fred

Love love love the Livernois 93 V2 Hi Boost. I cannot express how happy I have been with it.... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That is awesome! We appreciate the feedback! :salute:

Did it, love it! Will be checking on the Magnaflows with a local shop next week. Need a little sound improvement to go with the LMS 93 tune:thumbsup:

Did it, love it! Will be checking on the Magnaflows with a local shop next week. Need a little sound improvement to go with the LMS 93 tune:thumbsup:

Update us on it...after i get the tune in ect i am looking at exhaust and catted downpipes

My only concern is the trans handling this extra power..not sure what it can handle

Not sure what tune adds for HP..high flow cats ect add some more ect

The Magnaflows are the way to go. Have the shop cut off the old ones and place the magnaflows in place before they weld them on. This way you can determine if you like the sound (which you will trust me). My next step is to add the x-pipe and go slightly larger tips. I'd like to do black tips like the Livernois/Corsa exhaust but they don't come seperate. As far as doing a tune and your trans Livernois and unleashed which is what I have will tune the entire vehicle (trans included). You're limited with the fuel system so there is only so much power you can go before meth. Unless you are running WOT constantly the trans can handle the power these two tuning companies pull out of these motors. They are the two companies I recommend for tuning.

The Magnaflows are the way to go. Have the shop cut off the old ones and place the magnaflows in place before they weld them on. This way you can determine if you like the sound (which you will trust me).
Spoke to Ripleys Exhaust today (well known and recommended in the Houston area). I'm taking the Sport in tomorrow morning for a consultation and recommendation. I'll keep you guys posted.

Spoke to Ripleys Exhaust today (well known and recommended in the Houston area). I'm taking the Sport in tomorrow morning for a consultation and recommendation. I'll keep you guys posted.

What series magnaflow?

Edit : added an additional pic of the black stainless steel tip.

Done and I love it :thumbsup: YMMV of course because sound is a subjective thing. Excellent work by Ripleys. They knew exactly what I was looking for. Here's the parts list for my install. Other MFs will also fit, so talk to your installer :

(2) MF 4x9 oval # 11225 (14" body, 20" overall, 2.25" in and out)
(2) 1/2" hangers
(2) Black stainless 4" tips, powdercoated (slash cut doublewall like the orgs)

From the outside :
- Great, deep murmer at idle
- no videos yet (coming soon)
- no chance yet for me to hear it other than at idle

From the inside :
- Perfect for me under acceleration
- smooth murmer at 70mph under partial throttle, quiet when running free, no drone anytime.

Performance :
- very subjective. Feels quicker and freer revving but who knows. I'll get some 0-60 times when I have a chance. It is sometimes chirping the tires on the 1-2 upshift.

Love it, love it, love it ! Great job Ripleys. Here's a couple of pics.

160521052.gif

160521055.gif

160525540.gif

Anyone interested in purchasing my livernois catback exhaust? it was too loud for my wife (she's the daily driver) and I took em off and kept the downpipes on. only drove about 100 miles on the catback and it's still in like new condition. I'm not looking for full price, but not looking to be low balled either. feel free to PM me if interested.

Done and I love it :thumbsup: YMMV of course because sound is a subjective thing. Excellent work by Ripleys. They knew exactly what I was looking for. Here's the parts list for my install. Other MFs will also fit, so talk to your installer :

(2) 1/2" hangers
(2) Black stainless 4" tips, powercoated (slash cut doublewall like the orgs)

From the outside :

From the inside :
- smooth murmer at 70mph under partial throttle, quiet when running free, no drone anytime.

Performance :
- very subjective. Feels quicker and freer revving but who knows. I'll get some 0-60 times when I have a chance. It is sometimes chirping the tires on the 1-2 upshift.

160521052.gif

160521055.gif

Know what i am doing in the coming month haha

But i LOVE hearing the turbos and blowoff so i am sure this would hurt that sound a bit

I told you!!! This is the best option by far because it sounds the best. The deep sound that they create is awesome. I love your choice of tips. That's what is up next for me and the x-pipe. Currently I had them just put the factory tips back on. Where did you get the tips from? I have to find a powdercoat guy for the black. Well done sir

Edit : added an additional pic of the black stainless steel tip.

(2) 1/2" hangers
(2) Black stainless 4" tips, powdercoated (slash cut doublewall like the orgs)

From the outside :

From the inside :

Performance :

160521052.gif

160521055.gif

160525540.gif

I told you!!! This is the best option by far because it sounds the best. The deep sound that they create is awesome. I love your choice of tips. That's what is up next for me and the x-pipe. Currently I had them just put the factory tips back on. Where did you get the tips from? I have to find a powdercoat guy for the black. Well done sir
Hi Fangelillo, Thanks a lot, it's your thread and video clip that convinced me to give it a try. The tip choice is really important acoustically as well as cosmetically. When I saw these tips I knew they were the ones for me. I don't know the ID after they open up from the 2.25" connection, but it's around 3" or more and they flare out internally to match the 4" OD in the last 3/4" or so. Great for the sound quality and projection (similar to the end of a trumpet or other horn but a much lower tone thanks to the larger diameter of the exhaust tip). I picked the power coated black over the natural stainless to match my black and white theme for the Sport and to pay homage to the flat black ceramic coated quad tips that I had on my XKR (man I miss that car).

Check with Tommy or Rodney at Ripleys Muffler in Houston. I don't have their contact info at hand, but just google them and call the FM 1960 location for info on the tips. They do a lot of enthusist car work and they have a large selection of everything exhaust related.

Glad I could be some help. Now you have to black out that Sport emblem. I have a paint guy that does all the vehicles on the showroom and he hand painted mine. I did notice that the car felt quicker. Maybe because the turbos spool quicker but I had just gotten re-tuned the day before so who knows. If you really want to hear the exhaust go to the back of it on a cold initial start-up and use the remote start. You can hear how deep it is. To complete the set-up downpipes will really wake it up in a big way but it's not a cheap option.

Hi Fangelillo, Thanks a lot, it's your thread and video clip that convinced me to give it a try. The tip choice is really important acoustically as well as cosmetically. When I saw these tips I knew they were the ones for me. I don't know the ID after they open up from the 2.25" connection, but it's around 3" or more and they flare out internally to match the 4" OD in the last 3/4" or so. Great for the sound quality and projection (similar to the end of a trumpet or other horn). I picked the power coated black over the natural stainless to match my black and white theme for the Sport and to pay homage to the flat black ceramic coated quad tips that I had on my XKR (man I miss that car).

Check with Tommy or Rodney at Ripleys Muffler in Houston. I don't have their contact info at hand, but just google them and call the FM 1960 location for info on the tips. They do a lot of enthusist car work and they have a large selection of everything exhaust related.

Glad I could be some help. Now you have to black out that Sport emblem.
Hmm, now there's an idea. And maybe replace the "ecoboost" emblem with a Livernois 3D black and silver oval.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Talked to Tommy today and they won't have the tips in until next friday. Which hopefully Fred will put a pair in the mail for me.

http://www.dtexhaust.com/product_info.php?products_id=939&osCsid=pvkjdrukmiggomvsdt9r0n78b5

Back