Aftermarket Sport Exhaust Thread | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket Sport Exhaust Thread

No, but as our site notes there is modification required because of the bumper shape change.

what is the modification needed? are the tips removable? and which kit is that price they all look different.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what is the modification needed? are the tips removable? and which kit is that price they all look different.

The 2016 model year does require some modification to either the tip of the exhaust pipe.

OR

Modification of the beauty panel is required for the round exhaust tip to fit in the rectangular space in the panel.

Are you planing to release a 16 specific exhaust? I am not cutting the tips off a $1.4k system. No chance

Are you planing to release a 16 specific exhaust? I am not cutting the tips off a $1.4k system. No chance

Got a point here. There has to be something out that fits normally.

Got a point here. There has to be something out that fits normally.

You do not have to. There are 2 options like I said earlier. The "tips" that are located in the beauty panel of the bumper pop out and you can route the round tips through the rhombus shaped opening in the bumper. The Beauty panel even pops right back into place!

I would like to see what the exhaust tip within the rear fascia would look like. Who wants to be the guinea pig? :)

I would like to see what the exhaust tip within the rear fascia would look like. Who wants to be the guinea pig? :)

We have already done this, and I am working to get with the media dept to get me the images. We did this for a local dealership about a week after the truck came out! They chose to be the test case a couple times over for you guys.

we have already done this, and i am working to get with the media dept to get me the images. We did this for a local dealership about a week after the truck came out! They chose to be the test case a couple times over for you guys.
The quicker i see an image the faster you get my money:d
I need to spend some greenbacks

The quicker i see an image the faster you get my money:d
I need to spend some greenbacks

My reasoning is exactly opposite...please dont post it...I can use that money for something more useful. :)

On the other hand, may I suggest another package with a catback instead of downpipes.

The 16 Sport specific magnaflow system is out as of this week, by the way......Not quite sure I would go that route. But it sure is cheap.

The 16 Sport specific magnaflow system is out as of this week, by the way......Not quite sure I would go that route. But it sure is cheap.

it is $900+/-, not that much cheaper. definitely pay the $400 extra for a corsa.

it is $900+/-, not that much cheaper. definitely pay the $400 extra for a corsa.

You can get it much much cheaper. The 13+ system is about $650 last time I checked. I inquired about the 16 system as they dont show it yet. Cant see how it would be any more since they can omit the tips on the 16. Once I receive a response Ill share the source. Not like its a secret.....

magna flows are nice but cutting the exhaust at the resonator sucks! i need a complete drop and install system. No cutting or modification of parts.

I have to disagree. They are made of 409 stainless and will instantly develop surface rust. No, they will not rust through, but will look rusted. The welds are rusted looking right out of the box. The biggest thing for me is the sound....This system just doesn't sound very nice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rau8zJMdiDQ Hardly any deeper or louder than stock, may very well drone (based on other EcoBoost vehicle owners feedback), no nice big exhaust tip as we have an integrated panel. I struggle to see the point of buying the MF.
I think you will need to cut the stock exhaust for any catback. There are no flanges anywhere in the OEM system to bolt to. Unless you are getting downpipes and a catback from LMS, which will bolt together, the OEM pipes will need to be cut.
LMS, correct me if I am wrong, but just your catback without the downpipes will also require cutting of the OEM pipes.

304 stainless is far superior to 409 SS in just about every way. Not only will it instantaneously produce surface rust, but it will severely corrode if you are in a winter weather climate like we are. The materials are also likely sourced from overseas. Whereas, all of our exhaust products are made right here in the US with only premium 304SS!

As for the modification question, the only part of our exhaust solution that requires action other than bolting it on is the catback. The new shape of the bumper's beauty panel requires action.

There are 2 options like I said earlier. The "tips" that are located in the beauty panel of the bumper pop out and you can route the round tips through the rhombus shaped opening in the bumper. The Beauty panel even pops right back into place!

Could you explain how the LMS catback attaches to the OEM pipes or resonator....I just don't see it. Thanks

LMS, how about some photos of the catback installed with the chrome panel out on a 16?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just had the Ford dealer put on the cat-back MagnaFlow exhaust system on my 2015 Sport. Sounds great both inside and outside of car. I also had the K&N cold air induction put on a while back. Love it!:)

Back