For anyone on the fence about a exhaust for their Sport | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For anyone on the fence about a exhaust for their Sport

I am unable to find anyone local to do this install. So I have these parts if anyone is looking to do this mod?
FS:$200shipped
(2) MF 4x9 oval # 11225 (14" body, 20" overall, 2.25" in and out)

(2) Black stainless 4" tips, powercoated (slash cut doublewall like the orgs)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am unable to find anyone local to do this install. So I have these parts if anyone is looking to do this mod?
FS:$200shipped
(2) MF 4x9 oval # 11225 (14" body, 20" overall, 2.25" in and out)

(2) Black stainless 4" tips, powercoated (slash cut doublewall like the orgs)

PM Sent

Here's the pics of both tips in the same shot. I wasn't centered for the dead-on rear shot, the mufflers and tips are very well aligned in relation to each other and well aligned in the bumper cutouts.

160546890.gif

160546891.gif

I'll do the videos as soon as my wife is back in town.
How are your tips holding up. One of mine has cracked all the way around and I contacted the vendor as it's been less than a year on the vehicle.

I have magnaflow tips and ovals and no issues afte 18 months 2 winters

My black powder coated tips are starting to peel on the inside. Wonder if they are still under warranty. Had my exhaust done 2 years ago now

Wanting a different sound. It met what I wanted perfectly. I couldn't tell if I gained anything. The day before came a revised tune from Unleashed which was a huge difference than the previous tune I was running. No change in fuel economy. I hover around 23 MPG still.
How is 23 MPG even possible!?!? I'm hovering around 16. However, I live in Germany and have a section of no speed limit Autoban between my house and work..... so I routinely go WOT to get up to passing lane speeds.

How is 23 MPG even possible!?!? I'm hovering around 16. However, I live in Germany and have a section of no speed limit Autoban between my house and work..... so I routinely go WOT to get up to passing lane speeds.
I think you answered your own question. WOT and speed will 'kill' gas mileage. He is also running a 'tune'. We don't know how that mileage figure was arrived at or his driving characteristics. I have found that the figures that the displays give you are not exactly accurate. I found that out when I started using Fuelly.com to record my fill ups. You punch in the numbers and it does the calculating. It's figure was always a little lower than what the vehicle's display showed.

Peter

Back