Ford Package Floor Mats | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Package Floor Mats

blackjackdelta

Reaction score
Does anyone know what type of floor mats come with the Limited. They just happen to be in the package when I bought the limited, have to go down to the dealer today get it washed and tank of gas, xtra fob and all the other goodies. Front only, front and second row????

Thanks
Jack

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My father's just happened to come with them. they are black rubber, similar to the weathertech all weather mats you can buy for previous years of the vehicle. They seemed very sturdy, they just don't cover wall to wall like the weathertechs and husky though. Definitely not the cheap, thin, type you would find in a walmart or something.

My father's just happened to come with them. they are black rubber, similar to the weathertech all weather mats you can buy for previous years of the vehicle. They seemed very sturdy, they just don't cover wall to wall like the weathertechs and husky though. Definitely not the cheap, thin, type you would find in a walmart or something.

Thanks, just curious prior to picking them up.

Jack

The Limited actually come with carpet matching mats in the front and second row (none for the third row). The mats described above are the ford all weather mats. Black, thick rubber, nice but don't cover the entire floor in the front or the second row, no third row all weather mats from ford either. The all weather mats fit right over the top of the carpet mats so you can leave both sets in.

This was on a limited though, I wonder if he got both...

I ordered mine with the rubber all weather (LTD, 301A). Carpet mats are in the back in plastic, rubber ones are where they should be. Nice mats too, they just don't cover everything like the weathertech/huskies.

Doesn't matter what model you ordered the black rubber mats are a extra option unless you worked a deal to get them for free.

They come with carpet floor mats like any other vehicle.

Yes, I know that. I wasn't trying to imply it depended on the model.

The Limited actually come with carpet matching mats in the front and second row (none for the third row). The mats described above are the ford all weather mats. Black, thick rubber, nice but don't cover the entire floor in the front or the second row, no third row all weather mats from ford either. The all weather mats fit right over the top of the carpet mats so you can leave both sets in.
It is definitely not recommended to put the all weather mats over the carpeted mats on the driver' side. There are pins that the driver's side mat snap onto to keep them in place. You would not be able to use those pins if you put one mat on top of the other. Coming over from Toyota, I can tell you that their service people would remove the second set of mats from the vehicle.

What happened is that I got two sets of mats ones with the carpet and some long ribbed heavy duty mats. Something I wa suppose to pay extra for but did not. Thanks for the replys.

Jackson

Just confirming, the carpet mats come even when you order the all weather mats as an option, correct?

Just confirming, the carpet mats come even when you order the all weather mats as an option, correct?
I did not order the all weather mats. My Limited came with the carpeted mats as I assume all models do. I put in the Husky floor mats (1st & 2nd row) and cargo mat afterwards.

I ordered the all-weather mats and the carpeted ones were in a bag in back.

Car 54, I wanted to quickly confirm that the carpet mats are included when you get the all weather mats, like kdog said. :)

Cory

I ordered the rubber mats. Mine came with the rubber mats installed over the carpets.
After delivery I ordered aftermarket (Weathertech) mat for area behind 2nd row.

Dave

I ordered the rubber mats. Mine came with the rubber mats installed over the carpets.
After delivery I ordered aftermarket (Weathertech) mat for area behind 2nd row.

Dave
The driver's side rubber mat should NOT be installed over the carpet mat. There is no way to lock it in place. This is one of the things that lead to some of Toyota's problems. Upon sudden braking, sometimes the second (top) mat would slide forward and could get hung up on the accelerator. The all weather mats should have been delivered in a bag like kdog described. The anchors can only safely accomodate one mat. Having had a Highlander, I know that the service personnel at my dealership were instructed to remove the mats that were laid on top of the bottom mat.

Back