Ford Remote Start Accessory | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Remote Start Accessory

I bought the 5 button key fob for my wife's 2012 XLT for mothers day, she went down to the local ford dealer today to see if they can do it. Well they didn't even know it was possible, so I emailed the service manager with a link to this forum so he can do his own research. I have already PM'd Riley for the instructions, in case the dealership still cant do it. I told my wife to tell the dealership the instruction are on the side of the box.
Welcome to the Forum 04sdpsd.:wavey:
I hope that everything gets straightened out and that the wife gets to enjoy her gift!:)

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought the 5 button key fob for my wife's 2012 XLT for mothers day, she went down to the local ford dealer today to see if they can do it. Well they didn't even know it was possible, so I emailed the service manager with a link to this forum so he can do his own research. I have already PM'd Riley for the instructions, in case the dealership still cant do it. I told my wife to tell the dealership the instruction are on the side of the box.

Do I need the hood switch?

hid's and remote start.

Hi everyone.

New to this forum. Recently purchased a 2014 ford explorer XLT.
My question is about the remote start feature add on. Does anyone know if they come preinstalled and if so how do I fine that out, and does it just have to be activated by the dealer with a new key purchase.

remote start

you can get the 300 foot remote start and have it all on one key fob but the 900 foot remote start they have had issues with and my dealer wouldn't even sell me that one.I had it on my 2011 F150 and liked it but it is a separate fob I do know some people at work that did have issues with it on their trucks.

Welcome to the Forum 04sdpsd.:wavey:
I hope that everything gets straightened out and that the wife gets to enjoy her gift!:)

Peter

Well my dealership has some smarts, after looking up the procedure they activated the remote start feature and only charged me 1/2 hour labor. And than proceeded to tell my wife that they informed all the salesman that this is something they can do at the dealership if the customer wants it done, just have to order the keys.

Thanks for all info on this forum.

100 series remote start quick stop option?

Is there such a thing on a 100 series remote start? How do you do it?

Welcome to the Forum Dhageremtp.:wavey:

Peter

Which model Explorer do you have? If you add that to your profile, it will show in the margin every time you post and could help in getting the right answers to future posts. With the OEM remote start in a Limited with keyless entry, once you are in the vehicle and press the brake and 'push to start' button and you are back in normal operation. On an Explorer with the Integrated keyhead, you have to set the ignition to the 'ON' position and you are good to go. In both instances you can exist the vehicle and leave it running. I'm not sure if the 100 series remote start works the same way but I'm guessing it does.

Peter

Hey guys,
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I am looking to "install" the DA8Z-19G364-A remote start system in our new-to-us 2013 XLT. Can anyone recommend a place that carries the kit at a great price? The lowest price I've found seems to be around 218+shipping, but prices are all over the place.
Thanks!

Hey guys,
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I am looking to "install" the DA8Z-19G364-A remote start system in our new-to-us 2013 XLT. Can anyone recommend a place that carries the kit at a great price? The lowest price I've found seems to be around 218+shipping, but prices are all over the place.
Thanks!

If you have the power rear gate lift you need the 5 button FOB thus more expensive. Then you need to go to the dealer to activate the function, program the FOB (or DIY using OM) and have the keys cut.

Total value approx:

$225 Keys
$75 1 hr labor programming min. (hoping the cut/prog the keys in that time)
Total $300 +/-

Bobby.

If you have the power rear gate lift you need the 5 button FOB thus more expensive. Then you need to go to the dealer to activate the function, program the FOB (or DIY using OM) and have the keys cut.

Total value approx:

$225 Keys
$75 1 hr labor programming min. (hoping the cut/prog the keys in that time)
Total $300 +/-

Bobby.

Thanks, appreciate it. I guess the $219 is a pretty decent price. Maybe my local dealership will pricematch.

Thanks, appreciate it. I guess the $219 is a pretty decent price. Maybe my local dealership will pricematch.

Check also if your EXP - XLT has the switch inside the engine compartment. Should be located near the front left headlight assembly.

Bobby

I tried to order the 100 series remote start (BB5Z-19G364-A) from tasca and was told that it doesn't match with my 2015 XLT, even though accessories.ford.com says it does. They told me to get EL3Z-19G364-B, but I can't find any information on it besides that it's a remote starter kit. It's also only $97.14.

Has anybody with a '15 bought the 100 series (BB5Z-19G364-A) for the '15 and is it the right kit? Or does anybody have experience with the other kit suggested (EL3Z-19G364-B)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you referring to Tasca Parts website. I looked at that one and it doesn't list anything for 2015 models. However the 2014 shows REMOTE START SYSTEM - 100 SERIES PLUG-N-PLAY - 2014 Ford Explorer (DA8Z19G364A) $218.90. The Ford website under accessories shows the same thing only it $284.29.

Peter

I originally ordered BB5Z-19G364-A from Tasca Parts since it is the accessory listed on the Ford accessory site for the 2015 explorer (I don't have a power lift gate), but was told by Tasca Parts that it isn't the right part for my vehicle. They said the other part was the corresponding part for my VIN.

I'm waiting to hear back from them on whether the new kit includes 2 keys or if it is something else entirely. It's significantly cheaper, which makes me a little nervous.

For what it is worth the Series 100 is nothing but 2 keys. If you have an XLT or higher model the hood switch is already installed per the dealer. If you have a 2015 with the power liftgate (as i do) you need the 5 button keys. The part is DA8Z19G364A. The remote start feature is already in the Explorer and just has to be turned on by the dealer with their computer.

Prices vary without a doubt, BUT bottom line is the keys have to be cut and the Ex will have to have the feature turned on. Once activated you will see the feature in MFT.

My Ex is due to the dealer 9/6 and they already have the keys and service order to do the work during dealer prep.

Thanks all, I was able to get the remote start installed on our 2013 XLT. So nice to have it in this Texas heat. But it does bring up a small issue; when I have the climate settings set to Auto, the back vents are forced closed by the amount of air getting pushed. Has anyone run across this issue and have any suggestions besides changing the Climate control to last setting?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't believe 'last setting' will work with remote start, at least not the OEM one. The Owner's Guide specifies to use 'Auto' setting. Perhaps you can just insert something in the vents to ensure they can't close.

Peter

Back