Lifeguard's sas. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifeguard's sas.

Ok, so since my car was towed home yesterday with no breaks i will be starting my sas. :D i am using a d30 front end with RA's that my buddy gave to me when he put a hp d44 under his 97 yukon :cool:. so since i have ben buying barts for over a year now i have almost all the styuff i need. there will be no guts in the axle for a little bit since i had to start on the swap eraly and need my truck back on the road. so on with the pics . i have goten this far in a day and a half. :D

i went thrugh 2 grinders cleening this thing up. lol good thing they wher only $8 from harbor freght
100_0911_00.jpg

100_0914.jpg

still need to weld the perches and set the pinion angle. anyone know an esay way to do that?
100_0916.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok well iv ben driving around for a week and i am so happy with the outcome so far. :) i still want 2" more, but it's ok for now. and realy need bigget tires. lol and i finaly got around to flexing it a lil. it did ok for now i think, definatly better than with the :thumbdwn: TTB. so now on with the pics. :D
100_0951.jpg

100_0953.jpg

100_0955.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

lookin good timmah. glad you put the diff cover on for the pics haha.

woot :D

very cool.

lookin good

First time in the dirt. :)

Well im hapy to say my welds held. lol :D still need to get gears and axles for the frunt but it was fun in 2wd to. well hears the pics. the first one is with my buddys youkon.
100_0957.jpg

100_0959.jpg

100_0964.jpg

dont trust your friends. lol
100_0970.jpg

100_0960.jpg

Nice. Cant wait to see it with bigger tires.

Ya tho only thing on the list in frount of the tires. is to get the gears in. 3.27 and 33's wont be fun lol. and a locker so i dont do this. and i guess frunt gears and axle shafts might have helped to. this was just funny.
100_0969.jpg

I see a theme here of no front driveshafts....

lifeguard379 said:
Ya tho only thing on the list in frount of the tires. is to get the gears in. 3.27 and 33's wont be fun lol. and a locker so i dont do this. and i guess frunt gears and axle shafts might have helped to. this was just funny.
100_0969.jpg

Something tells me you were going for a little payback in that pic :p:
Turned out great though :thumbsup:

haha no i was alredy stuck when he spit that mud at me. he was paying me back for doing it to him when he was peeing lol.

well no updates at all except for the gears i had for the rear got stolen 2 days before they where going to be put in. no fun. and dose any one know what reamer i need for my stock steering tie rod ends? I'm not very happy with the jeep steering. cant get the steering wheel strait. lol

lol ya it dose. haven't been able to get tires yet because of it.:mad: o well i was sent the wrong ratio to begin with. so now i guess i can get what i wanted to begin with.:rolleyes:

well no updates at all except for the gears i had for the rear got stolen 2 days before they where going to be put in. no fun. and dose any one know what reamer i need for my stock steering tie rod ends? I'm not very happy with the jeep steering. cant get the steering wheel strait. lol
You should be able to use a 7 degree reamer... from what i understand all TRE's have a 7 degree taper, only the diameter varies so the reamer will cut whatever size you need depending on how far you push it in. Double check though dont just go on what i say. :p:

thanks for the advice. i will look into that. :)

got mine from stockcarproducts.com or something like that. It wasnt cheap but steering isnt a place to cut corners. I bet by being in sacramento you could put a post on pirate4x4.com looking for someone local with a reamer to ream the parts you need done. Probably could get it done for a 12 pack or case of beer. Cheaper then you buying it yourself.

Back