FROADER's 1991 Eddie III

I'm back... 🔁

I just can't resist lifted white 90s Fords, so here is my 4th Gen1. :help:

Engine:
4.0 with 147,500 miles
Edelbrock Headers

Front end:
Dana 35 w/4.56 limited slip
Cut and turned beams (will reattach, but I think they are Autofab)
Extended radius arms
Custom shock hoops
Limit straps
Custom tube bumper
Hi-Lift mounted to bumper

Rear end:
8.8 w/4.56 locked
Custom shock mounts
Deaver leaf pack
Custom bumper with spare tire swing-out

Tires and wheels:
33x10.50x15 BFG KM2s on 15x8 American Eagle

Things added:
Front Bumper Driving lights
Rock lights
Cobra 29 CB

IMG_6353.jpg

IMG_6355.jpg

@zukman 's original thread of this rig.
@zukman Registry of this rig

My lifted white 90s Fords:

90s_fords.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are worse addictions . . . . well done. Following along as I'm sure you'll make some upgrades/modifications as you go.

Paul

. . . am a fan of running the 33's - - know I'm in the minority on that one, but just looks "right" on the rig as currently set up.

Paul

I dig the van! My old man had a 78 had a mild came and duels the normal stuffs had mag wheels was always good for looks because vans didnt sound like that. Its just a storage unit now but none the less awesome you have the van and the X

. . . am a fan of running the 33's - - know I'm in the minority on that one, but just looks "right" on the rig as currently set up.

Paul
I'll probably be keeping 33s on this one. Maybe go up to the 12.5 instead of the 10.5, but we'll see when the time comes for new tires.

I dig the van! My old man had a 78 had a mild came and duels the normal stuffs had mag wheels was always good for looks because vans didnt sound like that. Its just a storage unit now but none the less awesome you have the van and the X
Thanks. I originally planned to convert it to 4x4, but a locker and 33s will do enough to where I want to take a van. then I have this Explorer to actually go anywhere I need 4wd.

I would agree with that! You have a rolling camp site. Tow the x with the van, van is base use x to explore!

I would agree with that! You have a rolling camp site. Tow the x with the van, van is base use x to explore!
Take 2... :)

This is from ~2007. My last van and explorer.

Van_Explorer_camp.jpg

Hahaha spot on! That's awesome.

Back