• Register Today It's free!

Front coil over shocks?

crazycoop

Reaction score
City, State
tulsa,ok
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 xlt and 91eb
I'm Trying to find coil over shocks for the front mine are shot and I'm try to get one of jame's bumpers so I want the to help with the wight I've got a Tt as well anyone with a 4wd have coil overs and what are they I'm having a hard time finding them I've got the monroe coil overs in the rear and there a lot better then the shot stock ones I had thanks ahead for any info I can get on so for the front

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are those bumpers that heavy that you would need extra shock muscle?

as far as I know..the only coilover shocks that will fit are Fox, (and similar) none of the manufacturers make coilover overload style shocks for the front of our trucks, prolly due to control arm and axle interference...now with that said...you could do a search for coilover conversion and have the brackets made from someone for 200.00, and then buy the fox style coilovers..for roughly 400+?...or just buy new shocks, and get the bumpers from James, as I have read they are around 45+ lbs for the front.

I think he is trying to find out if there are any shocks with load assist springs for the front like he has on the back, not what works for a coilover conversion...

OP, you've done a torsion twist right? That should already add a little more spring tension for carrying that extra weight on the front that that bumper will add. Honestly, that much weight won't make much of a difference anyway. If you do want to go with actual coil overs, just follow gmanpaint's write-up.

I think he is trying to find out if there are any shocks with load assist springs for the front like he has on the back, not what works for a coilover conversion...

you hit the nail on the head and thanks now to just save up lol a 2yr 1yr eat up the money lol

you hit the nail on the head and thanks now to just save up lol a 2yr 1yr eat up the money lol

Tell me about it. Mine are older, 8, 6 and 2 (almost 3), but as a single dad, it is really apparent how much they can cost...

Tell me about it. Mine are older, 8, 6 and 2 (almost 3), but as a single dad, it is really apparent how much they can cost...

we have 6 kids...thankfully the 19yr old lives on his own, amd 11yr old not home fulltime...4,5,10,15 yr olds are daily but still..lol..had an Excursion 7.3, but now the Explorer..thus the need for a 3rd row seat.

trying to get simple things for the truck sometimes have to be budgeted, and planned..lol..yes even something I want like a simple safari rack..lol

Back