Front coil spring changeover | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front coil spring changeover

landguy

Reaction score
City, State
Thornville Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hey Guys I joined this site couple years ago, but this is the first time ive really used it or asked for advice. I am sure this question has been asked before? I sell hunting land for a living. I have a beat up 1993 ford explorer I would like to lift about 1.5 to 2.0 inches. Is it possible to fit 32 11.50 15 tires with doing a small lift? Also would I be able to find some front coil springs from the junk yard that i could convert to my explorer. (Im kinda cheap dont want to spend very much plus I like tinking with old parts.) Thanks for any info you could give!

If you want to do a cheap lift, you can use F-150 spacers on the front and an add-a-leaf in back to get an inch or two of lift.

Even cheaper, use a stack of large 3 inch diameter dock washers with a 1-1/4" hole and weld them together for a custom lift spacer, and get some universal lift shackles for the rear, or cut/drill/weld your own from flat steel plate or bar.

31's are a better bet since they will fit without a lift at all and affect the gearing less, 32's will fit with the lift but will be heavier and might rub at full lock when turning due to the width.

I take it that I stack the washers to 1.5 to 2.0 inches,whatever disired lift? Thanks for responding Anime!

Back