Front Range Ski/Snowboard trip planning thread | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front Range Ski/Snowboard trip planning thread

Hokie

Hokius Maximus
Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 TJ Sport
I figure we might as well have one thread for all of our 2007/2008 ski/snowboard season trip discussions...

What - skiing/snowboarding
When - This Saturday, December 8th
Where - Keystone/A-Basin
Meet - TBD
Time - TBD... EARLY (7:30 AM)

Jenni, Jeff ~ this thread is aimed at y'all ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd really like to head up, but my buddy just got a new apartment and might need some help moving his stuff. If he doesn't need MY help, then I'm definitely game for hitting the slopes this weekend.

Count me out. I cannot risk injury to my drinking arm :shifty_ey

(kidding... I am not a skier or snowboarder...)

Well it looks like I might be heading up with some friends on Friday night. I'll probably be on my board on Saturday. I think Breck plans on opening Peak 8 this weekend. Still not enough expert terrain (if any) open to justify me taking up the skis yet.

Jenni ~ if you still want to head up Saturday I'll be there. Sorry we can't carpool, I can't pass up a free ride/place to stay Friday night.

I would head up this weekend, but all my final projects and papers are due next week so I'm gonna be working all weekend.

Did you end up going? how was the snow?

Go ahead and tell me how stupid I am, lol

I'm trying to figure out a way to get out of work this week so I can go up again

I took a 'personal day' yesterday... Its finals week, need some de-stressing right?

So we're at Keystone and we take this black trail that had signs warning of expert terrain and thin cover... no biggie right? Until I ski myself up on a rock cliff that I couldn't ski over. Not wanting to take my skis off and try hiking back out of this predicament and possibly ending up sliding down over the exposed rocks ~ I try to ski off the lower side of the ledge and to an area that is somewhat clear of exposed rocks and trees... My buddy, being the smart one, skied around it on a side trail when he heard me yell about the cliff. He was nicely situated to catch my attempt on film.

You can be the judge of how well I did...

i finally have internet at my place..

wow it's been forever since i've been able to post on here...

we will definitely need to go after the holidays, i did hurt myself like usual last time but that doesn't stop me :p:

i'm getting some new tires and wheels soon because mine are shot, so it'll make getting there easier haha... if anybody is brave enough to ride up with me. i'm not THAT bad of a driver, but i do have to say i would trust another fellow explorer owner to drive mine.

have a happy holidays everybody!!! i'm stuck in CO since i'm on call at the hospital xmas day....

The video isnt working anymore.

Back