Front Winch Bumper | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front Winch Bumper

I liked the idea of the sides better ;)

Like mine :D

Bumper3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Charlie you asked about the LEDs.. They are Sho-me micro lites that are Red & Blue. I am opening a Emergency vehicle equipment installation company soon. I have them wired for demonstration purposes and to scare the living hell out of drunks :D

Some people asked about the mounts..
The main bumper has 2" angle iron welded to it with 1/2" holes drilled in the mount. On the frame, I removed the frame horns and welded 2.5" square tubing on top of the frame rails.. It is welded on both sides plus has plug welds inside the square tubing.
I would try to get pics but unfortunatley with the winch in there, its kind of hard to photo to show everything.

This kind of sums what it looks like.
DCP_0594.jpg

Blee1099 said:
Charlie you asked about the LEDs.. They are Sho-me micro lites that are Red & Blue. I am opening a Emergency vehicle equipment installation company soon. I have them wired for demonstration purposes and to scare the living hell out of drunks :D

ok that makes sence, it is funny my neightbor a city cop shares a car with the officer the does thier car wireing work, and the car they share have more leds in every nook and crany possabile.

looks good guy, just to let you know Todd's expo is up for a drag to test out the winch and bumper set up.

Back