How to: - Fuel Pump Access Door | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Fuel Pump Access Door

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Cutting thru the floor wouldn't work for my '99. I replaced the pump and filter but not the sender by lowering the tank just enough to get the pump and filter out by feel since I couldn't see in that tight space.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guys I'm needing help to locate where the best place to cut for the access panel on my 2002 Ford explorer. The gas tank is on the right side. Is it under the seat or between the front and back seats? Any help will be greatly appreciated. And is the filter going to be acceptable in the same place I'm replacing both at once!???

Guys I'm needing help to locate where the best place to cut for the access panel on my 2002 Ford explorer. The gas tank is on the right side. Is it under the seat or between the front and back seats? Any help will be greatly appreciated. And is the filter going to be acceptable in the same place I'm replacing both at once!???

Check this thread:
Don't pry up on the ears on the tank engaging the locking ring. Simply use your hammer and driver to spin the locking ring and it pulls right off.

Did you determine where to cut the hole in your 2002 Explorer? I have a 2002 4WD, 4 door 4.0 gas engine and need to get to the pump to troubleshoot and possibly replace, but not sure where to cut either? Any help, pictures, measurements would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Did you determine where to cut the hole in your 2002 Explorer? I have a 2002 4WD, 4 door 4.0 gas engine and need to get to the pump to troubleshoot and possibly replace, but not sure where to cut either? Any help, pictures, measurements would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

This shows the procedure on the 2005. Should be the same as the '02.

This shows the procedure on the 2005. Should be the same as the '02.

Thanks man! I've seen soo many listed that are supposed to be the same as the 2002, but they never are. This one appears to be correct. Is this what you did?

Thanks again!

Thanks man! I've seen soo many listed that are supposed to be the same as the 2002, but they never are. This one appears to be correct. Is this what you did?

Thanks again!

No, I just found the info.

One of these would be great to check things out before committing to full cut-out... cell boroscope.....just drill say a 3/8's hole and see if you landed on the right spot / etc ....

One of these would be great to check things out before committing to full cut-out... cell boroscope.....just drill say a 3/8's hole and see if you landed on the right spot / etc ....
TIP: Before you buy any borescope, first see if you can download their software on your cell phone before purchasing it.

Back