Full Interior LED Conversion | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Full Interior LED Conversion

Alright well I've converted my Instrument Panel to LED
HPIM0971.jpg

Converted HVAC Controls to LED
HPIM1001.jpg

And also converted Dome light, Map lights and Cargo light to LED
HPIM1014.jpg

(Picture taken at 8pm when it was completely dark outside)

...Though i do have a question wanting to put LED behind the rear windshield wiper defroster and control, though I'm not sure where to wire them up so they're on when the other interior lights come on (ex. HVAC, Window switches, Cruise control, and instrument panel) which pins do I need to use, or am I just gonna go at it with a multi-meter?, oh also converting Window/lock and cruise buttons to LED and maybe the headlight switch though not sure yet?...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finally got the rear wiper control & defroster done
HPIM0985.jpg

(Not a good pic, it's actually a lot greener than the instrument cluster)

Also did cruise control switches
HPIM0987.jpg

(Again not a good pic, it's actually a lot greener than the instrument cluster)

HPIM0988.jpg

(Again not a good pic, it's actually a lot greener than the instrument cluster)

My license plate lights
HPIM1007.jpg

And some in the corner light (pulled from map light, will be replacing)
HPIM0957.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 4x4 switch, and the defroster/fog/rear wiper set...

I actually have a couple laying around, let me know what you would charge man, id really appreciate it!

What did you use for you license plate lights?

Nice work. I forgot how the stock gauges look since I replaced mine.. lol

lycan91 said:
What did you use for you license plate lights?
I also used the 5 SMD LES ones used everywhere else

BrianDye said:
My 4x4 switch, and the defroster/fog/rear wiper set...

I actually have a couple laying around, let me know what you would charge man, id really appreciate it!
What color did you have in mind? For the defroster /fog/rear wiper set, that's no issue, can be done pretty easily for me now. All I'd charge was price for LED, resistors.

As for the 4x4 switch mines a 2WD so I don't have that one, do have the wiring behind the dash, but not sure if it has power, and again just parts and labor, so around 10-15, plus parts

Now on the on the defroster/fog/rear wiper set It's easier to have the piece that ust bolts on to the bezel with them installed so I can pre-wire them all, any chance you have that piece as well. And I still have some of the resistors I used to do it. SO you're looking at parts+labor+shiiping

Those are very bright. I did my HVAC last night. I love it, it looks so nice. Pretty blue.

Pics from Iphone looks a little pink but it is indeed red.

Picture001.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture003.jpg

HOW DID YOU GET THEM SO BRIGHT!?!?!? I have the 01 Explorer Sport cluster and heater controls in my 97' and they suck at lighting up. At night you can barely see them... Please help

Did the gauge needles turn red because of the LEDs or or did you Change or paint the face of the needles red because mine are white

Oh and what size bulb did you use in the rear wiper switch, rear defroster and fog light switch are they 194s was it a t5. I did my cruise buttons those were t5s but I had to use the factory plastic light bulb plastic housing thing. I want to do what you did with those three buttons just don't know the bulb number(s) if you could let me know that would be awesome thank you very much.

Back