Ghosttrain2's 1994 Explorer Rebuild - First Gen SOHC + | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ghosttrain2's 1994 Explorer Rebuild - First Gen SOHC +

My Ex started out as a nicely equipped 1994 Explorer XLT, with the 4.0 OHV, A4LD auto,electric shift transfercase,tow package,JBL sound,limited slip rear end with 3.73 gears, and leather seats.I bought this used in 1998, with 91,000 miles, sold it in 2004, and got it back in 2006 with a rod knock. It's a twin to my son's Ex in the pictures here.

100_1077.jpg

100_1078.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This was after I welded the '97 firewall to the '94 body. The primered areas above, and at the tunnel is where I found cracks. The gas pedal mount is to the right of the oval opening for the steering column.

I always forget to take pictures of the work done since I put it back together. I have been using the heck out of it offroad here though!

Attachments

• 100_0496.jpg
    100_0496.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 499

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow , Nice Build , Best Of Both worlds with Add ons ! .

Well, old thread, started this build almost 10 years ago, still performing better than I hoped. This has had no problems, and have only done maintenance work to it since. It has done great on the trails here in Nevada.

There will not be any further updates on this, as I have sold it, it has stayed in the family, and now belongs to my son.

Glad to see it be passed along, and not scrapped. Hopefully your son can wrench, and do any future repairs.

Projects like these are a head scratch, for a shop to work on, as their software can't tell them what to do with it. lol

Was a very interesting build, and I enjoyed it!

Regards

As an update to this, my son still has this, he moved to Alaska, and brought it up there. It is still running and performing well.

Back