• Register Today It's free!

Gibson Cat Back Exhaust

ajthefishermen

Reaction score
City, State
Conneticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
Hey guys, i am getting the cat back exhaust by gibson thursday hopefully and i cant wait i heard it gives extra power and everything can anyone attest to this? Does anyone have any input or sound clips i searched but if someone has one please post it thanks again!

P.s I got it on sale 281.00 shipped great deal!

-Alan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it will give you better performance, and sound yes :thumbsup:

is there any good videos of it out there?

youtube...

4.0 explorers or rangers should give you a good idea...

is there any good videos of it out there?

Here's mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNUEY2jS9aM

I like it and thought it was worth the money. Power gain wasn't really noticeable to me, but I did see a bit of improvement in gas mileage.

Make sure you really join those piping segments tight together before using the u-bolt clamps....otherwise it might not fit right and drag on the rear drivers axle shaft.

where did you get it for that price.?

I know I am New here, but have been looking at the Gibson system for my '04 and that doesn't sound to bad! And not obnoxious either! I was hoping it would not sound like a V-6 with a short single glasspack which I have had before!:biggthump

i found it at ##################.com and its 313 for the aluminized version and i typed in the coupon PARTS and got 10 percent off so it came to like 280 with free shipping it was an amazing deal!

auto parts warehouse .com

heres my Gibson on my 03 ranger 4.0

th_P1040975.jpg

I just installed my Mac cat back today on my 2001 v8 Limited. It is supposed to be louder than the Gibson exhaust. Sounds great and not too loud. $180 from ebay shipping included. Mac exhaust, not mine:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhG7lL4zOqY

Both sound great...

I can't speak for other brands...but I was really happy with the fit and finish of the Gibson (I got the Stainless version). Welds looked great, pipes were bent right and cut the right length, and everything fit together perfectly. The sound is very good IMO...nice outside the truck but pretty quiet inside when I'm driving....no droning! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Thanks for all the responses guys ill make sure to make a video of it when i put it on next weekend.

I can't speak for other brands...but I was really happy with the fit and finish of the Gibson (I got the Stainless version). Welds looked great, pipes were bent right and cut the right length, and everything fit together perfectly. The sound is very good IMO...nice outside the truck but pretty quiet inside when I'm driving....no droning! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Thats what I love about my Gibson, great sound but its quiet in the cab still and doesn't drone on the freeway.

Thanks for all the responses guys ill make sure to make a video of it when i put it on next weekend.

By the way when I put mine on the spring bolts that connected the stock pipe to the cat were rusty as hell. I had to cut them to get them off. When I ordered a new set for some reason they sent me an extra set...so if you want them just PM me your address and I'll mail them to you for free.

PM sent this is greatly appreciated!

I hope you got the stainless steel version. I had the Aluminized version and it only lasted 4 years. Other than that it was great. I tried MagnaFlow this time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope i didn't spring for the extra $100 dollars because 1. Can't afford it only 18 years old. 2. The truck has 137,000 miles and 5+ years i probably will have a different car so i didn't think it was worth it. But im sure if i keep it longer it will need replacing and I'll deal with it then ya know?

Back