Going lower and fixing ball joint angles? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Going lower and fixing ball joint angles?

iceman7329

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Sport
Im wanting to go lower, but I dont want to put my ball joints in any more of a bind than they are now. Has anyone ever tried flipping the upper control arms to correct the angle? I know this can be done on a chevy, Ill look at mine soon to see what I think.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i took my djm arms off my ranger, flipped the balljoints on the stock arms and swapped sides, so far it looks pretty good just the stock balljoints dont get as much travel i would upgrade them to moogs but im not what the explorer arms look like really in depth, just the ibeams lol. oh yea i just did this to see if it would work or not, since im working on some tubular arms for the rangers with bags

Intresting.

I also want to put a bigger master cylinder on it. Maybe 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" bore.

ok so im getting more negative camber than the djm arms but im not sure how much more vs stock arms with the balljoints mounted stock. so you might want to try that out if it dont work how you want then gona have to do custom tubulars

Why the need for a bigger master cylinder? I am running the stock MC, and I have 13" Cobra brakes up front, and stock brakes in the rear, and I have 0 pressure issues with my system.

Before you go swapping out parts, make sure you know EXACTLY what you are doing. The ABS controller you have is preprogrammed with predetermined Line Pressure, and Volume. If you go and change those numbers, your ABS will tend to cycle faster, as too much volume is being realized in the system.

Ryan

Back