• Register Today It's free!

Good times

davemengel

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport
I don't really need any help today. I am replacing upper and lower ball joints, wheel hubs and a driver side cv axle. I chose this weekend because the weather wasn't gonna be that bad. I got the passenger side all done except the upper ball joint yesterday. Today I get snow and lots of it. My X doesn't fit in the garage with the lift on it now. What terrible misfortune.

Any of you guys have any "fml" stories when it comes to wrenching on your X?

I was actually doing my driver's side ball joints on Thursday night at 10PM. Pulled the front end of the Explorer into the garage. Was humming right along when I broke my ball joint press. Now I have a disabled Explorer half in the garage. So I had to leave the door open all night. :p: I could have set it down on a floor jack and rolled it out I guess.. but I just put the dogs on guard duty instead.

Hahaha...that sucks. I just went out to pull my upper passenger side and didn't realize the set bolt on the end didn't need moved. Sheered the head right off. A bit of a set back you could say

5th bolt on transfer case

One time I was putting the transmission back in, and you that 5th bolt, the lowest one, for the transfer case? It has to be floating in the hole before the crossmember goes in...I forgot that and only realized it after I had the transmission mount & crossmember installed. Then to make it real good, later I wrestle the case up there, get it seated, and had not put the paper gasket on the extension housing! So I got a lot of R&R practice that day.

Back