got my clearcorners yesterday! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

got my clearcorners yesterday!

i got my clearcorners yesterday! pics up soon! i got them from Pro Car Parts and I report that I had no troubles with them. Many people say that pro car parts are terible but I had no problems at all. My only problem is that you can still see the amber bulbs which makes them appear not-so-clearcornerish. do they make white bulbs that flash amber? i havn't really looked for them yet but i'm assuming i can find them. that or put in whites. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Polarg makes the bulb you are reffering too

Thats how i have mine done, make sure you use high temp paint, and only use a thin coat

I did mine with a thin coat of high temp sliver paint. You can buy this at a local harware store or for me home depot.

Its important not to over do it, or the light wont pass through it.

Enjoy your new clears. To see mine check out my cardomain/sounddomain site...

Yomie

Where do I find this polarg bulb you speak of?!?? thanks.

Anyone know where to get Xenon (clear, with a slight blueish tint) corner lights and turn signal lights? I want to replace the turn signal light ontop of the headlight, and the corner light - but leave the side turning light orange.

Originally posted by Crimson
I did mine with a thin coat of high temp sliver paint. You can buy this at a local harware store or for me home depot.

Its important not to over do it, or the light wont pass through it.

Enjoy your new clears. To see mine check out my cardomain/sounddomain site...

I also have a black '02 Sport, just got it and love it so far. You found this paint at Home Depot?? What kind was it and is it hard to paint these bulbs?

one more thing, do you have pics???

Thanks,

Derek

I dont have pics, but i can get some maybe this weekend. What I did was attach the bulb to a pole (taping the black plastic) put the pole in the ground, stand about 6-8 inches away and spray. I sprayed high temp paint until the orange/amber bulb was lightly visible.

Home depot, go into the spray paint section and look for high temp paint sliver color. Don’t remember the brand off hand. I think that it has a picture of a cooking grill on it though. Or you can ask a sales person they should be able to find it fast for ya.

good luck

paul

LEDS DO WONDERS AS WELL

they are making all sorts of cool LEDs these days

Originally posted by EliteConcept
LEDS DO WONDERS AS WELL

they are making all sorts of cool LEDs these days

I had LEDs in my taillights when I had the ranger but they would flash really fast when I used the turn signal because they don't pull nearly as much current as regular bulbs do.

My question is, do they make LEDs now that wouldn't cause the turn signal to blink really fast? I'd like to put amber ones in my turn signals if they do.

Back