got my saleen style wing. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

got my saleen style wing.

i got my wing from David(CobraXP) today. i love this thing! a big thanks goes out to him. i will be stoping by my painters tomarrow to see about getting it painted/installed. anyway i thought i'd post the pics. :D

5-31-06002Small2.jpg

5-31-06003Small2.jpg

5-31-06004Small2.jpg

5-31-06019Small2.jpg

5-31-06020Small2.jpg

5-31-06008Small2.jpg

5-31-06007Small.jpg

5-31-06021Small.jpg

5-31-06018Small2.jpg

5-31-06009Small2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've run out of spare time to make them.

Hi, man I like your work, I was thinking I might make myself one, wondering how or with what did you cut the wing?? Chop saw with fine teeth??

Thank you

:exp:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I used a die grinder and cutting wheel to cut it into two sections, then a band saw to cut the needed length off of each section. You can use just about anything with fine teeth though.

So if I got one off of a Kia, how did you fab it? What exactly did you do? It sounds like an interesting project...

http://www.cobraxp.com/wingmaking.htm

I never did make exact, precise instructions - just these that are more like cliff notes. It's not hard and can be done in under a day if you know what you are doing with fiberglass, filler, etc.

I still want one!!!! So no one thinks of making them to sell, I would buy one and I'm sure so would a bunch of guys. There has to be a glass expert among us who can duplicate the Saleen wing or make more of these Sedona ones. I will keep subscribed to this thread in hopes. I know I can make one and thank you for the write ups, but I have enough Honey Do projects.

And to think, people want to take the time and effort to make a fake Saleen when they could have had the real thing all of a few days ago.

How much does a standard Kia wing cost, anyhow?

And to think, people want to take the time and effort to make a fake Saleen when they could have had the real thing all of a few days ago.

How much does a standard Kia wing cost, anyhow?

What are you saying???

he got banned again?! thats more than me! (lol, don't worry, mods, i don't need any more bans either ;) )

Someone come down here and do the leg work and research, find a feasible way to make the molds etc. No one yet before has done the work or had the patience to do it, who knows. I'm not in a hurry, but the cost does matter. Regards,

Don,

If you wish, I can stop by the place that made the mold of my fascia and see what he says if you are truely interested. Just let me know.

Sure, if you can let me know what they would have done, that could help.

As I posted on *********...com, I could see a mounting pad for each side(one stud and one thread insert) being used to support an inner core(foam maybe). The idea of pouring a part is nice compared to trying to lay glass in layers, in steps, plus merging etc. If a mold could be made that would let the part be poured in one step, that could save 80% of the labor time of laying so much fiberglass. What do you think David?

he got banned again?! thats more than me! (lol, don't worry, mods, i don't need any more bans either ;) )

What I hear, he's not coming back this time and the ban did come into effect a while ago (and he did try and get reinstated since then).

I was devastated by the news he was gone....really I was. :D

What I hear, he's not coming back this time and the ban did come into effect a while ago (and he did try and get reinstated since then).

I was devastated by the news he was gone....really I was. :D

last i heard he got banned as akltd or something, then he got back on using his dads login and they let him do that. havent heard anything new since then, but then again, i havent been actuive here much since getting 2 toyotas... now that i have an explorer again, i am probably going to be a lot more active here again, im learning about the second gens now

I think the mods should unban "96limitedx"...he was entertaining; if you don't like him don't read his posts.

Anyone else agree?

I think the mods should unban "96limitedx"...he was entertaining; if you don't like him don't read his posts.

Anyone else agree?

umm, not at all.

Back to the subject--

Nice to see David back:thumbsup:

Anyone else agree?

Is this a Democracy? Nope. It was the site's owner (Rick) that did the deed and it wasn't the first time he was banned here either. He has since tried to get back on the site and it didn't happen. Asking the mods to "unban" him isn't the thing to do given that many of the mods wanted him gone too. Same thing happened on another Explorer site. He had some fans, but a LOT of people were happy to see him go. I'm one of them. I never mix with insecure, needy types and he was as needy as they come. He also pulls a lot of behind the scenes crap too and then plays the victim card when called out. He's a real piece of work.

This site and others are better off without him. He's been gone for a long time so let sleeping dogs die. Too bad this topic even came up. :rolleyes:

Back